Foreword

I don't usually do this, but I wanted to speak to all on a personal level. I know a foreword is basically another author note, just bear with me.

Indigo Tyler is the original character that relates to me the most (and I'm not trying to say she's a "Mary Sue"). She doesn't feel like she belongs in this world because of how different she truly is. Realising your entire life has been a lie and then forcing to live with the truth is heart-breaking. 

She is broken, I am broken, we're all broken. And we are all most definitely fuck-ups!

Since I was young, I have always believed that I belonged somewhere else because I felt so indifferent. I have lost so much and have been treated like a freak for most of my life. The only things that kept me going were my family, my friends and my imagination.

Imagination gave me ideas and random bursts of creativity when I needed it most. It allowed me to escape into my own fantasy and create whatever I wanted. It couldn't save me from reality however.

I just wanted to tell you that YOU are more than what you're made of. You can do anything if you put your mind to it. I have come so far from just writing fanfictions to attempting to write original stories. 

Whatever you do, never give up on your dreams. Live with your flaws, like Indy has to. Don't try to be anyone else. Don't try to be the girl who wastes time on doing makeup or the boy who gets in trouble all the time just to get a reaction. BE YOU! Because being you is the best you can be.

Keeping loving yourselves, I'm always here if you need me.

- Alice