5

[Draco Malfoy]

The lights flickered and the train halt to a stop. Thank god. Pansy was trying to persuade me nonstop that should i should go over to her manor the next break.
"I'll go take a look." I said quickly excusing myself. Blaise looked at me in terror as if begging me not to leave him alone with her.

I walked through the dark and empty hallway, the temperature dropping every step i took. The compartment in front opened and a petite girl stepped out. Elizabeth.
Her straight brown hair reaching slightly above her waist. She has grown taller and her body, more developed.. but still petite. Wearing a cream knit sweater embroidered with daisies tucked into a high-waisted light washed mom shorts. Can she get any cuter?

She held out her wand to defend herself and i couldn't help but chuckled under my breath, she was brave for a petite girl. I held my wand in my hand tightly too in case anything happened. I do believe in her skills, she's more than capable of protecting herself having come top in our year for Defence Against the Dark Arts, beating Granger. But i didn't want anything to happen to her even if she could defeat it, i preferred her to avoid danger entirely.

I walked behind her silently, not wanting to alarm her when i sensed something coming in our direction. My protectiveness towards her kicked in and i rushed over grabbing her arm lightly not wanting to hurt her. She had her eyes shut out of fear and pulled us into the nearest room -the washroom,great. Fortunately, it was small which meant that i could be closer to her.

I watched as her eyes flutter open, her long eyelashes. She was even more beautiful than i remembered, the last time i looked at her face properly was two years ago. Oh how fast time passes. Her red lips were more plump now, but she was still fair with rosy cheeks. Up close, her beauty was even more surreal. I caught a whiff of her scent, Jasmine, Vanilla and honey.

She looked up at me slowly, stealing the breath from my lungs but still managed to warmed my veins and we locked eyes. I wondered if she could hear how fast my heart was beating because of her. It reminded me of the first time we met, which felt like yesterday. I realised i haven't blinked in the past half a minute (but neither did she). It was as if fireworks had exploded around us, the world seem to slow down and nothing else mattered anymore, not even whatever's outside. It's just us and us alone.

I let her go after awhile though i wished for nothing more than to hold her forever, i didn't want her to feel uncomfortable around me.
"It's a dementor. They're searching the train for Sirius Black." I said but my voice didn't come out as calm as i hope it would, i was just too nervous around her.
She pulled away quickly which hurt me if i'm being honest. We stared at each other in silence for another minute which i didn't mind, it made up for the two years i've lost.

Year 2

I was heading back to Slytherin common room after potions class when i spot her from a distance. I was always looking for her whenever there was a crowd. I tried not to make it obvious, i could see that she saw me too from the corner of my eye. Did she still remember me?

"That's her!" Goyle cried out pointing to her, i panicked. Did he figure out i like her, he couldn't have, he's too stupid.
"That's who?" Crabbe asked, eyeing her. I tried not to look. Keep it cool, Draco.
"The filthy mudblood of Hufflepuff house" Goyle said and i felt the colour drained from my face.
"The what?" I asked again, making sure i heard him right.
"The mudblood." Said Goyle
"And in Hufflepuff house nonetheless! Can it get any worst" Crabbe said loudly bursting into laughter.
I felt lightheaded and couldn't hear the rest of the insults Crabbe and Goyle spat about her.

Everyone seemed to have heard them including Elizabeth.

"Lets go." I said harshly, dragging them back to the common room.

She was a muggle born.

I didn't try talking to her after that, i had planned to originally. It wasn't because i looked down on her for being a muggle born. Yes, i do look down on muggle borns, but not her. Never her.
Crabbe and Goyle was always with me and didn't want them to bother her again so i stayed away, only looking out for her from afar.

When the Chamber of Secrets opened, i thought i would be happy that muggle borns were at risk. Instead i was worried shitless, wrecking my brains trying to help her. I sent her a note, hoping she would take my advice and she did. She spent more time with Diggory which i wasn't very happy about but he was older and able to protect her for me. She stopped going to the library at night too. Whenever i had the time, i would follow her from a distance back to the Hufflepuff common room, just to make sure she reached safely.

Hearing its ragged breath, i snapped back into reality. I looked down the small gap below the door between the floor to see its shadow forming. It was intense.
Suddenly, something moved. I thought it was the door opening but it was Elizabeth who grabbed onto me wrapping her hands around my waist and burying her face into my chest.
I could smell her scent better now, it must be her shampoo. Jasmine, Vanilla and Honey.

I wrapped my arms around her tiny frame, pulling her closer towards me and back us away from the door. Her eyes were closed again, her lips slightly parted. Her lips.
She could definitely hear my heart pounding now.

It left shortly after but i didn't want to let go her again, so i didn't, not for another few minutes. We stayed in that position and now i knew what 'Heaven on Earth' meant. It hurt me physically but i needed to let her go. One day i would hold onto her forever, i reminded myself which made it less painful to be apart from her.

"It's gone now, Elizabeth" I whispered into her ears and she opened her eyes. She didn't move away from me quickly like she did before.
The lights came back on and the train started moving again.
It took her awhile to register that she was hugging me and when it hit her she moved away slowly. I didn't need a mirror to know that i was flushed and i couldn't hide it from her, i didn't want to, i wanted her to know how she makes me feel.

She stared at her white sneakers, which had hand painted daisies all over them, not meeting my eyes. She regrets hugging me.
"I should get going now, goodbye" I said not wanting her to feel uncomfortable because of me, what i meant was see you again.

I got out quickly, standing outside of washroom, only the door separating us. I couldn't be so close to her in a enclosed room, i didn't know what i would do to her.