Chapter 1.

"Hey, Firey?" Leafy says to Firey, as they sit on the edge of the cliff. "Do you ever wonder why we're even competing?" 

"You mean why you're competing? I got eliminated, remember?" Firey corrects Leafy.

"Oh, yeah. You're right. But still, why do you think we'er- I mean, I'm competing?"

Fiery looks over at his leaf friend, and says, "I think we just wanted something.... something more than what we have. Risking it all...." Fiery turns to Leafy. "But I think it was all worth it." He pats her head and smiles.

 "What?" Leafy looks at his friend in confusion. Why do you think it was worth it? Like you said, we risked it all... we were so selfish, but now you say it was worth it? Why?"

 "Well... it's because, now I have you, and we're best friends now... and you're really fun to hang out with."

 Leafy blushed. "O-oh, um, thanks.. Hehe..." Firey then blushes.

 "O-oh, um, I d-didn't really think that sentence through... heh, sorry." 

"I-its ok." 

"Hey! Guys!" Fiery turns around and sees their purple friend Lollipop waving at them. "Firey! Leafy!"

"Hm? What is it, Lollipop?" Firey asks.

"Me, Gelatin, Blocky, Flower, and Taco were all going to the park. You wanna come with us?"

"Well, I'm not sure-" Firey starts.

"Of course we will!" Leafy interrupts. "I do need to stretch my legs a bit, so let's go!"

"Ok, follow me then!" Lollipop replies. "What about you Firey?"

"Oh, um, sure! Why not?" Firey replies.

"Alrighty then, let's go!"

"Yay!" Leafy cheers.

On the way there, it became very hot outside

On the way there, it became very hot outside. Luckily, the park they were going to was an indoor park, so the heat wouldn't effect them. Firey kinda liked the heat though, so he stayed outside for a little while the others went inside.

If only she knew... I don't just think of her as a friend... He thinks to himself. But, how could she like me? In that sort of way...

"Hey! Firey!" He hears a voice behind him.

"Oh, hey Taco." Firey replies.

"What's up? You seem a bit down."

"Well, um, you see..."

"Come on, you can tell me. We're friends, right?"

"..."

"Hey, Firey?"

"Well, it's a bit hard to explain.."

"It's ok, I have some time to spare."

"W-well, let me ask you this question. What would you do if you, um, liked someone. Y'know, in that sort of way. But, they were your best friend. What would you do? Or, how would you tell them?"

"Well, if I were best friends with them, then I would probably find some time when me and the person were alone, no one could hear us, something like that. Also somewhere that you know they really like! Maybe even get them a gift or something. But anyways, aside from that, why are you asking?"

Firey blushed. "Oh, well, um, we should probably get a move on, cause we only have about 7 hours before we have to go back to the B.R.B. Let's go play!"

"Huh, weird." Taco says. She decides to brush it off, and go play. Like Firey said, they only have about 7 hours left until they have to go back to the B.R.B. She walks inside behind Firey, and decides to go play with Gelatin and Lollipop.