And who's this chick?

Toni was distracted in her fourth period class because she was anxious about what events would take place at lunch today.

Does he sit with his basketball friends?, Toni asked herself, are they nice? What will they think of me? What do-, Toni was cut off by her teacher Mr.Wilson.

"Ms.Johnson, I asked you a question. Did you finish your project?"

"Oh snap! Yeah I got it let me just...." Toni began searching through her backpack looking for her history project.

"Its okay if you didn't do it just turn it in for a late grade," Mr.Wilson said, obviously thinking that she didn't do the project.

"No, I did it so I'm turning in for the full credit ,got it?" Toni was furious that he didn't think she did her project.

Logan, who was also in her class, backed her up.

"Yeah I even helped her with it."

Mr.Wilson sighs and almost immediately, the bell rings. " Well, the bell just rang so its now officially late. Turn it in tomorrow for an 80!"

Toni stormed out of class without looking back. She wasn't gonna let some boujee history teacher ruin her day.

She made her way to cafeteria and started looking for Trevor. He's really tall so it shouldn't have been so hard. Scaning the room her eyes landed on Logan, who was walking towards the lunch line

"Hey Logan!" Toni got his attention and he turned and smiled at her

"Hey what's up" Logan asked.

"Nothing, just looking for a table to sit at. Oh and thanks for backing me up in class. I swear Mr.Wilson be trippin on the daily!"

"No problem, and you can sit with me." Logan replied while pointing behind me.

When I turned and looked I saw that Logan sat with the nerdy band-geek type of people. They weren't full blown nerds but they were a little suspect.

"Oh....umm...I'm sitting with Trevor at his table,sorry." Toni sadly informed.

"OK that's fine!" Poor Logan looked distraught.

"We'll see tomorrow OK?" Toni asked hopefully.

"Sure, we'll see." Logan replied, his sadness masked by a smile. He Turned and walked towards the lunch line.

"Aww someone's sad" Trevor put his arm over Toni's shoulder.

"I'm fine," Toni said and removed his arm from her shoulder. Even though she wasn't fine. Toni felt really bad for turning Logan down like that.

"Okay, then I want you to meet some people." Trevor lead her to a table close to the lunch line. She saw that there was a mixture of boys and girls sitting at the table. Most of the girls were from basketball, so they were already acquainted.

"Sup guys this is Toni" Trevor said sat down. Everyone smiled and said their hello's. Except one girl. She was staring Toni down like a hawk.

"Hey trev" the girl said a little too comfortably

"Hey charice" Trevor said without looking. Toni thought that to be just a little rude, but she didnt really care because she was giving her dirty looks anyway.

"And who's this chick again? Im sorry I did hear it clearly" Charice said, obviously trying to start something with Toni. Charice tried out for the basketball team so she knew she already knew Toni.

"My names Toni, could you hear that clearly?" Toni replied, her voice coated with attitude. She wasn't about to deal with some rich girl getting all on her case.

Everyone at the table laughed besides Charice and her basketball minions. Even Trevor laughed. Toni wanted to laugh but her stomach started to hurt. She would always get stomach aches when she argued with people.

"Hey Toni what's your rank?" Trevor's friend Jody asked.

"Like in state? Umm last year it was... Somewhere in the top 50." Toni said.

"Sooo, you think you raw or something?" Charice asked in an annoying tone.

"I don't think honey, I know. Whats yo problem wit me anyway shartruce or shrubs or whatever you name is?"

"Look here toenail-" Charice was cut off by Trevor.

"Charice just cut it out!" Trevor said in a nasty tone. "Toni come walk around with me until the bell rings" Trevor said, his attitude completely changing.

Toni followed him when he got up, and they began walking down the school halls.

"So tell me about yourself," Trevor started.

"Well.. I'm from Compton, which you may already know. Ive been playing basketball since I was seven. And I like sushi" Toni replied with a smile.

"Okay, since you like sushi so much how bout I take for some this weekend?" Trevor asked with hope in his eyes.

"Uhh well excuse me! So you ain't gon tell me about yourself?"

Trevor flashed that million dollar smile of his and said,"well everybody know I'm on fleek all day everyday so that ain't nothin new,"Trevor joked. "And right now.... Right now..." Trevor started with a nervous smile.

"Right now what?" Toni asked.

"Right now...right now I'm crushin on a beautiful girl, and I wanna take her out for sushi. I hope she takes up the offer," Trevor said, quickly glancing at Toni then looking to the ground.

" Wow" was all Toni could spit out. Her face was so red showing on her brown skin that it was ridiculous.

"So..?" Trevor tried, regaining his confidence.

"Sure I would love for you to take me out this weekend. But first I gotta ask you a question."

"Shoot."

"All day every day baby" she joked," but anyways, what's this beef you got with chalkboard or whatever her name is?"

Trevor sighed and said,"well the thing is...shes my ex. And shes been in denial for the last three months and shes taking it too far. She won't even find somewhere else to sit..,"Trevor looked really frustrated about the situation so I decide to drop the subject.

"okay...so when ya picking me up on saturday?"Toni asked.

"Oh so your just gonna decide when were going on this date? Okay I see you taking charge and whatnot." Trevor said.

"So its a date?"Toni asked, catching him in the act.

"You can call what ever you wanna call it,"He said with a smile as the bell rang. "Talk to you later."

"Bye Treeev," Toni joked, mocking charice.

"Bye Toenail!"Trevor shot back then immediately started cracking up.

This boy just lost his mind, Toni thought to herself, but he still cute.

*************************************************************************

OMG GUYS I THINK THIS IS MY FAV CHAP SO FAR, BUT WAT DO YOU GUYS THINK? LET A GIRL KNOW! LIKE I REALLY WANNA KNOW LOL. I GET ALOT OF READS AND ALOT OF VOTES BUT ALSO WANT ALOT OF COMMENTS. I JUST WANNA KNOW HOW YALL FEELIN ABOUT THIS STORY. I TAKE ALL COMMENTS INTO CONSIDERATION. THANKS LOVES!

SINCERELY,

MAYA XOXO

PS: DONT FORGET TO READ MY STORY: HIP HOP HIGH: WELCOME THE FRESHMEN. ITS A GREAT STORY!