Chapter 3

Sophie's POV

Fitz stared into my eyes as we sat in my room.

"You're, well, the only person I truly trust."

My mind launched to crazy ideas before calming myself down, reminding myself that Fitz was still there.

"Really?" I replied softly.

"Well, yeah."

Our conversation drifted to matchmaking.

"I still don't know if I'm going to register." The tears welled up in my eyes, realizing that I could never be on Fitz's lists; all because I was the weird girl with brown eyes. I could never be matched with the "Golden Boy". Fitz seemed to notice, because he said, " Hey what's wrong? Is it about Alvar?" I shook my head.

"It's about matchmaking, isn't it? Well, I've been meaning to tell you something." I stopped and glanced at Fitz who had stepped closer.

"I want it to be you."

Me? Did he mean what I thought he meant?

"Ever since I registered, I couldn't help but realize that the only name I wanted on my lists was, yours," He said. 

A/N I know this is practically the same confession that's in Flashback. Sorry!

Was I hallucinating? This was a dream come true! Fitz stepped even closer, and as I looked into Fitz's eyes (Which were focused on my lips) I dared to blurt out, "I've liked you since the day we met." His movie star smile grew even bigger. He leaned in closer so they were a breath away, but I backed up a bit.

"My new goal, to get you to trust me," Fitz said.

"But I do trust you, Fitz!" I replied.

"Then trust this." His hand cupped around my cheek.

A/N We won't interrupt the kiss as Shannon did (She's still a good author though!)

Was he going to do what I thought he was? My heart fluttered like always, but this was something else. Something bigger. Adrenaline rushed inside of me. We fell to my bed and didn't move a muscle as if we had been shot with a medler. We kissed as if the moment was never, ever going to end. Finally, he pulled away, but he was still staring into my eyes.

"What now?" I asked. My face must've looked like a tomato.

"What now is that you have to explain yourself, young lady!" Grady exclaimed.

I looked up as embarrassment rushed through me.

Fitz's gaze dropped to his feet. "How much did you see?"

"Enough to know what's going on! You are a 15-year-old girl, missy! You are not to be kissing boys like that at this age! OUT!" He pointed to the door. Fitz dragged himself down the stairs and out the door. "We need to talk! This is unacceptable!"

"Grady!" Edaline said. "She can live her life how she chooses!"

"You didn't see the way she kissed that guy! Unacceptable! But at least it is not That Boy." He grumbled.

"She can choose to have feelings for him if she would like!"

"Would you like to see?"

I tried to imagine Grady and Edaline watching us kiss like a Tik Tok clip. It made me shudder.

Grady broadcasted the memory so I was also able to see. My face went so red, it almost started to glow as I saw how it seemed as if I was eating him. In the memory, we collapsed onto the bed but continued as if we were the only people in the world. It looked like a scene that belonged in a Hallmark movie.

Our kiss had felt like seconds, but it had been much longer. Maybe even minutes.

Edaline gasped. "SOPHIE!"

My head hung low with shame.

"I will be contacting Alden and Della at once!" Grady declared. "I will not allow this! From now on you two will ONLY meet under Sandor or Grizel's supervision. Am I understood?!"

"Yes," I mumbled.

I stared as Grady and Edaline turned around and grabbed my imparter. Either to make sure Fitz and I weren't kissing through the imparter, or so that they could contact Alden and Della. I couldn't decide which.

After a few minutes, I was too curious, so I snuck down to listen to their conversation.

"Thank you for informing me," Alden was saying.

"My pleasure, this was an unacceptable action that she has performed," Edaline informed.

"I'm sorry. From the looks of it, my son started this mess!" Della apologized.

"I don't blame you guys. Sophie is responsible for her own choices," Grady said.

"I do agree that they should only meet when Sandor or Grizel is there."

I transmitted to Fitz. You don't actually think we're gonna enforce that, right?

Whad'ya think?