Chapter 3- Interrogation

Hey Everyone! This chapter is a pretty fun one! It has a new perspective, Howard Stark. He's a fun character to write as but there is one thing I want to mention. You may get confused if you hear a random name, but that's just Howard trying to guess Dottie's name. So that's the point for anyone confused.

TW: Drinking

Peggy Carter
My mind felt foggy as I slowly opened my eyes, I had fallen asleep. I looked to my left, and sure enough, Dottie's cuff was empty. I heard her talking as I quietly sat up.

"Too bad, they're about to be ruined." She said. I saw her, gun pointed at Mr. Jarvis. He had his hands up and was slowly backing into the hallway. Out of instinct, I grabbed my gun and shot Dottie. Luckily, my morning drowsiness made me miss and I simply hit her leg, disabling her. Mr. Jarvis looked up at me as I yawned, gun still in hand.

"You're welcome, and I'm sorry," I said to him. He looked me up and down.

With a sigh, he replied, "Breakfast is downstairs when you're ready. Mrs. Jarvis has already set out your plates." He left the room, clearly upset. Remorse rang through my body. Dottie had been here for less than a day and she had already soured one of my relationships.

"Shoot," I thought to myself- I forgot about Dottie. I stood up to see her leaned against the wall, inspecting her wound. She looked up at me and scowled as I bent down to help her.

Dottie Underwood

Of course, Peggy woke up right before my escape. She was always so perfect with her perfect hair and her perfect face and her- well my point is made. Why couldn't she just make one mistake? Just be imperfect enough for me to have the motivation to kill her. She grabbed a first aid kit from her closet and started working on my wound.

She carefully poured some solution on my wound that burned my skin like hell. I inhaled sharply, grabbing the floor.

"That hurts," I said firmly, I was used to pain.

"Maybe if you didn't try to shoot Jarvis this wouldn't be happening," she replied. She carefully packaged the wound before leaning back and yawning. We sat there silently for a moment, observing each other. We each waited for the other to speak.

"Were you going to shoot me?" She finally asked.

"If that rat you call a butler didn't walk in then yeah," I paused. "I would have." Peggy turned her head away from me, trying not to show emotion. She pursed her lips and blinked to stop the tears from welling up. She clicked her tongue before standing up and grabbing my handcuffs from the bed. She clipped them to me, and we walked to breakfast- silent. After a silent, awkward breakfast, Peggy whispered something into the butler's ear before leaving the room.

The butler and his wife watched me carefully, keeping their eyes on every move.

"Need something?" I asked. The wife cleared her throat before standing up and clearing up the plates. I smiled at her with my darling fake smile as she picked up my plate. The butler continued his death stare into my soul. I continued my fake smile at him as he watched me intensely. I suddenly jumped, shaking the cuffs connected to the table. Mr. Jarvis jumped up out of his seat and started dancing around like an upset child. I laughed heartily at him in his paranoid state as he cleared his throat and sat back down.

"Ants in your pants?" I asked, just as Peggy walked back in. She was now in a red blouse tucked into a dark skirt with the same color blazer. Her lipstick was the same red as her blouse, and her hair was in its usual style.

"What are you doing to poor Jarvis?" she questioned me. She mouthed "I'm sorry" to him before uncuffing me and walking me to the interrogation room. To no surprise, it was just a regular room where Peggy set up two chairs and a table. She cuffed me to one side of the table before sitting on the other side.

"Ready?" She asked as if she would take no for an answer.

"Totally," I said with my usual mischievous smile. "Let's do this."

Peggy Carter

I prepared myself, taking a deep breath in as I watched Dottie look around the room, a threatening smile plastered to her face.

"So, this isn't an interrogation," I started before Dottie cut me off.

"It is, but continue," she said.

"It's not," I said, clicking my tongue.

"I'm sorry let's see, I'm handcuffed to a table, and you're asking me questions to try and get information. Sounds like an interrogation to me."

I chuckled and tilted my head, inspecting her. She was right. "Fine," I said, "it's an interrogation. Happy?"

"Yes, actually," she replied. I rolled my eyes dramatically, watching her pretend like I'm scared of her. She raised her eyebrows but kept a straight face. I wiped the smile off my face and started the interrogation.

Three hours later and no progress. Dottie hadn't even said a word. I was struggling to break her, but I knew I was the only one that could. At this point, I was sitting on the edge of the table next to Dottie, who had her hands on the table and was looking up at me expectantly. I was lost, I had tried everything. And I wasn't about to hurt her. Besides, I doubt the woman is scared of threats. The only way to break her was to talk to her.

Howard Stark

Peggy needed a break from that "Josie" girl, I could sense it. Besides, I could use some fun. It's already ten in the morning and I'm only three lousy drinks in. I was sitting in the lab, drinking whiskey while I thought up my next great invention. I chugged my fourth glass and then slammed it on the counter.

"Stanley!" I yelled, and the scientist across the room from me jumped before looking at me.

"It's John," he said.

"Eh, I was close," I told him.

"Not at all," he said. I shrugged and carried on.

"I need you to take over the lab while I take care of some duties," I stated proudly. He nodded before turning back to his work. I took my bottle of whiskey and went to the room where Peggy was interrogating Darcy. I busted the door open, startling Peggy, but Wanda didn't move an inch.

"Not to fear! Howard is here!" I announced. "I'm here to take over for a bit."

Peggy shrugged. "Fine," she started, "Just don't... let her go, okay?"

"Really?" I was surprised, I thought Peggy would be harder to convince. Peggy just sighed and left the room, while I sat across from the black-haired girl.

"Let's get started," I said, and she gave me a sweet smile.

"Let's," she replied enthusiastically. This would be easier than I thought!

Peggy Carter

I was sure Howard wouldn't make any progress, but I needed a break. I went to the bathroom and rewrapped my arm before heading to my room and grabbing a swimsuit my mother had bought for me a couple of years ago. It was a light blue top with a swim skirt in the same color and a floral print. I grabbed sunglasses and a book before heading out to the pool.

I went under a tent-like thing on a long pool chair and began reading. It was a hot day, but as many say it was a dry heat. California palms lined the streets as a variety of cars and people passed by from across the white picket fence that lined Howard's property.

I enjoyed my book under the heat for as long as I could, but it was short-lived. No more than thirty minutes had passed by before Dottie came up to me, a drunk Howard Stark handcuffed to her. Great.