Chapter 69

About 2 months later / 2 nights before the end of the 6 weeks and the gender reveal (18 weeks!)

Betty Pov:
The doorbell chimed at the front door, screams of two girls emerging from upstairs followed by their rushed footsteps as they sprinted down the stairs, Lola following Trinity as they ran to the door.

Trinity had become much more comfortable in the house during the past 2 months, finally feeling as if she truly had a place in our family, which she did, of course. She and Lola acted as if they'd known each other their whole lives, loving and fighting with each other just as sisters should.

Ever since Jug had taken Lola and Trinity to the beach before we had gotten back together, Trinity had become very attached to him, which was truly heartwarming to me considering how he acted when they first met. It was all in the past, though.

As for with me, she was always incredibly supportive, as were Lola and Jug. It didn't take long for their combined effort to draw me out of whatever remaining depression I had left-over from pre-bughead-makeup stage.

I was 18 weeks along in my pregnancy, and my belly was showing enough that I didn't just look like some bloated woman. Lola and Trinity would burst into mine and Jug's room every morning, squealing to let the baby see his or her sisters. They would absolutely dote on me and that baby, kissing my tummy senseless and cooing at it as Jug would do the same to me and to my lips instead.

Jug and I got had truly gotten over our... issue very quickly after our little makeshift prom night that Jug had organized. I was incredibly thankful for his forgiveness, as was he for mine for his reaction. We were both in the right and the wrong, and we both agreed that we loved each other more than anything.
Those mistakes made us stronger as individuals and as a couple, and only made us even more desperate for each other's company than we had been before.

We could never stand to lose each other a third time.

The front door swung open, Veronica, Archie, Cheryl, and Toni all piling through it as they went around taking turns to greet the girls with a variety of cheek-pinching and forehead kisses.

I watched attentively and enthusiasm as I finished making the popcorn for later, gasping in surprise as I felt a pair of strong arms wrap tightly around me from behind.

"Relax, my love. It's just me.", Jug whispered, kissing my neck a few times before he rested his head on my shoulder. I felt him grin as he sighed contently, squeezing me tighter.

"You tired, baby? Did work drain your energy?", I asked, turning around and rubbing his arms lovingly. He replied with a slow, silent nod, his breathing steadying.

"We can cuddle when we watch the movie. How does that sound?".

"Heavenly.", he said, his voice husky with exhaustion.

"Hey, you two!", Toni exclaimed as she galavanted into the kitchen. "We starting the movie soon? It's getting dark outside. I can help you if you need, Betty. You've already got so much going on.".

I shook my head dismissively. "That's alright. The popcorn's done, anyways. Let's go get that movie started.".

~~

Jug cuddled into my side, his head resting in my lap before pulling a blanket around us. My hand found the top of his head, scratching it while I clicked through Netflix for a movie.

"We should watch Finding Nemo.", Cheryl stated.

"Babe, I'm sorry, but we've seen that movie an umpteen amount of times.", Toni groaned.

"Why don't we watch Frozen 2?", Archie suggested. "Elsa's really hot in that one.".

An audible slap to his arm refrained him from continuing, a scowl on his girlfriend's face.

"Can we watch The Grinch? Trinity told me that movie's good.", Lola pleaded, spinning around on the floor to reveal her pouting lip to me.

"But it's not even winter yet- Actually, I wanna see it too!", Trinity added, giggling as she toppled playfully on top of Lola.

"The Grinch it is.", I said. "I really need this after all of the planning I've done for the baby shower, guys, so thank you all for coming to do this with us.".

"Anytime, B. We're happy to help you, especially if it means watching a movie.", Veronica expressed, following her statement a giggle as she pointed to my lap.

"Though, I don't think Jug is going to enjoy this movie nearly as much as we will.". A quiet snore emerged from his lips following that sentence, his head turning to bury itself further into my lap.

😄