Part 6

Sorry I haven't updated this in forEVER! Hopefully I'll finish this chapter at least.

The next morning, Bokuto lay in his bed, staring at the ceiling. Akaashi lay curled up next to him, his back to Bokuto's figure. Bokuto had drawn the thick velvet curtains over the balcony doors to avoid being burnt to death, so now he just lay back, sprawled starfish style under his blankets.

It was fall, so in an attempt to get everyone into the holiday spirit, Hinata and some of his teammates went around to everyone's rooms in the late morning to give them their latest creation. Yesterday it was cookies in the shape of maple leaves, and the day before it was a slice of apple pie.

In all honesty, Bokuto was looking forward to their next surprise, but he was also feeling quite hungry. Pulling his arm out from underneath Akaashi, he slipped on a pair of shoes and made his way down to the kitchen.

Pulling open the door, a mixture of several different aromas hit him immediately, followed by a wave of warmth, which probably came from the multiple ovens in use. The kitchen itself was a frenzy of people rushing around and barking orders. Sugawara stood at the table, pouring and measuring all the ingredients out, with Tanaka and Nishinoya mixing the dough together and competing to see who could do it neater. Hinata and Yamaguchi were manning the ovens, setting timers and pulling out trays with the baked goods on them.

Somehow, Yamaguchi had managed to persuade Tsukishima to frost the cookies along with the Miya twins. Tsukki had somehow managed to remain spotless. Ennoshita was helping to make the frosting with Kageyama and Daichi. Kinoshita and Narita were nowhere to be found.

Completely ignored by everyone, Sakusa stood off to the side holding a paper towel roll and spray bottle, glaring at anyone who got too close. However, Bokuto noticed the gloves he wore had bold black and yellow stripes, which matched the apron that Atsumu wore. He said nothing though.

Sugawara spotted him hovering in the doorway and smiled. "Hi Bokuto! Good morning!"

Everyone else said their "good morning's" respectively, although Sakusa just muttered it beneath his breath. Bokuto beamed. "Hey hey hey! Good morning, everyone!" He took another deep whiff of the kitchen air. "It smells delicious in here. Keep doing what you're doing!"

With a thumbs up and a wink, he left, making his way back upstairs to his room. He paused as he strode past the room where they made everyone's clothes and saw Oikawa hard at work while chatting with the girls in there. He caught Oikawa's eye, his gaze drifting behind him. He smirked, then left, leaving Oikawa confused until he turned around.

"You should've come to Shiratorizawa."

"Ahhhhhh!!!!"

His scream echoed through the corridor, making Bokuto laugh.

If the sight of Ushijima and his one reoccurring line didn't scare the shit out of Oikawa, he didn't know what would.