10 - To Be Fair

Tine's POV

We kissed again. And again. Soft, searching kisses, feeling each other out. I was careful not to hold him too tightly, or press him too hard.

Wat had no such hesitations. He ran his fingers through my hair and moaned against my lips. His other hand ran up and down my body, sending electric bolts of pleasure along my spine and straight to my erection.

Now that we had each other, neither of us wanted to let go.

I pulled back before I lost control and devoured him. It was past 2 am and Wat needed sleep. His body needed to heal.

I looked at him, my finger pushing back the shock of hair that fell over his eye.

He smiled at me with so much affection that my heart felt it would burst from happiness.

I kissed his forehead and gently disengaged myself from his embrace. He pouted and I laughed at his expression.

"You need to sleep. I don't think you're in the best shape to climb up and down stairs right now, so I'll set up the pull-out couch right here. Give me five minutes, please?" I said and kissed the palm of his hand. Wat nodded ruefully, still looking a bit put out.

I quickly pulled spare pillows and sheets and made a decently comfortable bed with the couch pulled out. I helped Wat lie on his uninjured side.

He extended his arms up to me. "You're sleeping next to me, right?"

I nodded shyly, and my cheeks blushed. As if I could stay away from him anymore.

I switched off the lights and lay down beside him. He placed his head on my arm, buried his face in my neck, threw one leg over me and circled his arm around my chest, holding me tight.

"I learned this from Win. This is how he makes sure I stay next to him all night" said Wat, proud of himself.

I laughed and kissed whatever I could reach of his face. I ran my fingers through his hair from behind him, and my other hand gently massaged his arm.

I felt the gentle rise and fall of his chest against me as he fell asleep almost immediately.

I lay awake thinking. I was never surer than I was right then of what I wanted.

I had to speak to Pear. And the Master.

Sarawat's POV

I awoke with a throbbing head and a searing ache that started from the tips of my hair and went all the way to my toes.

And yet I'd never felt better.

I smiled as the memory of last night came rushing back and filled me with warmth. I reached out a hand and found no one beside me.

I jerked awake and groaned as my bones grated. I looked around for Tine and dropped my head back when I didn't see him.

I pulled his pillow to me, it smelled like him.

I felt about for my phone. I had a text from Tine.

"Going to the supermarket. Will be back soon. There's coffee in the pot. Love you."

I read the text a hundred times, grinning like a besotted teenager at the last two words.

I loved him so much.

I maneuvered myself out of bed and stretched carefully.

Five minutes later, I stood under the shower letting the hot water soothe my muscles. I heard the front door open and a minute later Tine stood leaning against the bathroom door, watching me with hungry eyes.