𝓯𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓲𝓵𝓮 𝓶𝓮𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓲𝓮𝓼 - 24 minutes

"Fragile memories"

"Let's go see the cherry blossoms together when you grow up!" The taupe haired one said excitedly, while the other nodded cheerfully.

"Glass-like hearts."

"If I can ever leave this place." The black haired one said "...Sure you can! I'll help you escape!"

"But that's all gone now."

"Maybe one day I can join you." Both said

"I yearned for everything long gone."

Synopsis: In a world where the Kato's and Kambe's are rich and once worked together.. Until there was a disagreement. Besides that, Haru and Daisuke were good friends but were torn apart by their family. They were told that the other one was dead.

They both live in a world of black and white, unable to forget each other, and unable to let go of the past. Btw both of them are 25 in this oneshot! Hope that's not too much of a difference?

(I noticed this sounds kind of like Shakespeare with a tinch of fruits basket lol. Not what I was aiming for but whatever).

Get ready y'all for a depresso expressoooo

Btw the quote "I yearned for everything long gone" is a quote by the author osamu dazai.

(Haru's POV)

This world.

It's a world I cannot forgive.

It's a world I do not feel anymore.

I'm empty without him.

I walked until I found my usual place to hangout. I went there everyday since I had nothing better to do for the majority of my time, other than work. I worked as a detective. I hated my work but I did it only to fulfill a promise I made when I was younger.

"Finally here." I said to myself with a sigh. It's around 2 miles to walk here which is rough but I've gotten used to it. It was around midnight. It's my usual time to come here. The time when nobody else is here so I can weep over my past alone. It's really sad for a person but I guess I just never really got over my past. This is who I am now, a sad person with nothing to live for.

I sat on a bench next to the large lake around me. Cherry blossoms around that lake blooming with brightness. The lake had beautiful flower shaped lanterns that lit the place up. It was my oly space I felt welcomed at.

"Haru?" Said a voice I knew. I looked over to see Ryo. My eyes once emotionless became filled with brightness as I faked a smile.

"Yes?" I replied.

"Why are you here Haru?" Ryo asked, sitting down next to me.

"I think it's beautiful here so I come sometimes." I lied through my teeth.

It was silent. The peaceful kind for him probably. I was hoping he'd leave so I could have some time to myself.

"Why are you here?" I asked him.

"I saw you walking this way so I thought I'd stop by.." Ryo's face became sad "Before I called for you, you seemed dead." Ryo added.

"I just dazed off that's all!" I said patting his back like I usually do, but he said nothing.

"I should get going, we have work tomorrow." Ryo said getting up, then leaving. It felt kind of cold in fact I felt the chills down my spine. It feels awful lying, but the only reason I do so is to protect something very important to me. Something that's only mine, and a burden I carry alone.