Part 5

(Not my art!)

AN: This story is not all true to the logical storyline of the series. Touya and Hawks both went to UA and Touya 'died' at 17. This is my story with my own headcanons and details. I'm aware it's common to make own plotlines, I just don't wish to recieve any petty comments about it.. Enjoy :)
_______________________

"Are you cold?" Dabi cocked an eyebrow, watching Keigo tremble like a chihuahua lost in the freezing rain. He looked up at him, lower lip quivering and his eyebrows scrunched together as he bitterly huffed out a shaking 'No'.
In his bilious and slightly agitated state of mind, he wanted nothing more than to stick his tongue out at the villain.

But, he was 23 years old, not 5. So, he just closed his eyes and tried to rest.

Of course, he was freezing, the room was both bitterly cold and humid all at once; an enchantingly horrid combination. The hero didn't even open his eyes when he was made keenly aware of it, but he could hear Dabi undressing and soon enough feel the fabric that weighed over his body.

He peeked up at the black haired man, then looked down at the jacket he had placed over his shaking body. It was made of a dark fabric which looked awfully leathery, but in reality was strangely soft and stuffed with warmth. "Thanks.."

"Don't get used to it"

I won't

Keigo huffed tenderly, pulling the clothing tighter around his body and pushing it up to just below his nose. It had a very distinct smell, yet it was one that was hard to distinguish or describe. Metal, smoke, McDonald's fries.. leather. A strange amalgam for sure.

He peeked at Dabi, who was now heating up a jar of water in order to make some tea, wearing only an old ripped shirt and black jeans. He was still fairly lanky, just like he was in high school. Yet, there were certaintly muscles that had been built since then. He was a man now, not a boy.

Nonetheless, If he didn't have a prevalent fire quirk, Keigo would be equally worried for him keeping his temperature from falling rapidly in this climate.

The room wasn't warm, that was for certain.

This building wasn't of the good old kind that soaked in the summer sun to keep the heat stored for months into the winter season. No, here the walls were paper thin, letting even the smallest of breeze pass through.

At night, the draughts caught in between the walls, wailing through the dark midnight air. Hawks had found himself waking up to the cries a couple of times, heart leaping into his throat and head spinning with the remains of a nightmare.

Dabi had always seemed unbothered by the disquieting commotion.

Sleeping in his chair, arms folded, head nodding forward almost to the point in which the tip of his nose bumped his chest. None of that seemed to be something he paid any mind to. Keigo theorized this was one of the lesser agonizing things the older boy had experienced the past years. No, he knew that for a fact.

Touya Todoroki had become a broken man, one who now went by the name of Dabi. A man like that didn't shatter by the sound of the whistling wind, but in retrospect neither did Keigo Takami. The wind didn't scare him, instead it bloomed a sense of longing inside his chest.

He listened to natures song, visualizing himself gliding in the wind, over land and seas. He missed that feeling of freedom, he was looking forward to his return.

____________________________________________________________

Hawks stared out at the city with a blank stare. This was the first time he had been let out of the room since he was brought there. In a brisk break from the stale, moldy smell of the building, his lungs were finally greeted with crisp, new breeze.