Chapter 15

Talk with my folks.

Burns admitted that he was a bit nervous to face Daddy and more with grandm but bravely pushed for it. He told his Mom to be ready and on a beautiful Saturday sunset they were at our door step bringing some food stuff that we can enjoy.
My Grandma pretended but to notice but I know she was secretly happy. I got the food and served it in Grandma's hidden well kept Chinawares.
Grandma dressed herself in her favorite housdress while Daddy was in his usual faded shorts and long sleeves in that sunny Saturday afternoon.
Burn's Mom was classy in her peach straight dress her toes neatly pedicured with just a colorless nail polish. With just her simple way of dressing, you would know that she is not just an anybody. She is a woman of class.
Grandma asked me to fix myself and laid down a pretty dress in ecru that made my skin a bit clearer. My grandma wanted me to look best when I face my future my in-law and this made me happy and my jitters disappeared.
The blooming ten o'clocks and vietnam roses had set the right mood for this meeting.
And it was agreed that we tie the knot on the last Sunday of April.
Daddy and Grandma did not know that we have our outfit design chosen and ready. But I left the choice of Grandma's outfit to her . I know that she likes to decide her on her own.
Daddy knows that Burns can choose best for him but he whispered that he prefers a ready made a collarless shirt from Obra ni Juan.
Grandma hid her happiness of our future wedding but reminded me to have something old and I showed her my old laced handkerchief I had been using since I was in first grade, my wedding was all new, my future mother in law lend me her south sea pearl earrings. And something blue is my well hidden and kept underwear.
How can I forget? Excitedly, I phoned my mother and she gladly said Nothing can stop her from coming. So, I was already able to invite not only my visitor but the person who puts me into this wedding.
Shyly she asked if she can take her partner along. I was about to tell her no but then, I thought it would make her happy so I smiled and left the decision to her.
Grandma asked if I invited my mother. I know she prefers her not to come. But to her disappointment, I said she my mother and nobody can take her place. I saw her made face and left.
Before we started eating Burns brought out his guitar and started strumming.....

All my life
All my life
Without a doubt
I give you
All my life
Now and forever
You and I will share
All the things
Each passing day
Till the day I die
I will spend with youThere was a time
I would thought
That I would lose my mind
You came along
And the time did shine
Shining on my way
I do recall
That every moment
was a wasted time
If not spent time wasted time
And then I choose to lay it on the line
Something passed away, something passed away

I do not intend to live
together with my family when I get married but I'll always be around for them. I may have been too bold at my age for my actions but I do not see myself abandoning them.
I hope grandma trusts my words and will understand my position when I am married.
But for now, I am still single although in a relationship.
💖 I do not know how Burns handles the situation with his Mom. But he truly looks fine whenever we meet. He does not open conversations that would intimidate me with his Mom. Neither do I insinuate that he should be careful i💖 dealing with my grandmother.
Burns certainly knows the rules of the game. He knows how to give in to Grandma's wishes. She is an old lady who gets easily placated with her favorite but difficult at many times.