Chapter 3

Cool Daddy

Burns took me home in his silver gray Innova one day bringing with him a bottle of Fundador for Daddy. Burns knows my father's weakness.
Daddy was happy asking
Burns to.have a few shots á with him before he leaves but he declined saying he does not drive when drunk. Daddy laughed and shrugged his shoulders and said it depends upon the driver. One thing I hate most about Daddy is that he cannot follow protocols. He drives without a license. He enters on streets with no entry sign.He drinks even if there is a hard liquor ban. He is his own master but cannot get out of his troubles.

Three days after , Burns called inviting me for a joy ride.
It was about 4:00
in the afternoon when a
red sports car parked in front of the house. I got myself dressed in denim shorts and a baby pink white collared shirt, hair hanging loose and white sneakers. .
Grandma is watchful of my moves. I know, she is waiting for me to ask for her blessing so did I without any elaboration about my secret meeting with Burns. So, we drove all the way to the Baywalk. And hand in hand, we viewed the sunset in Manila Bay. I was breathless and truly awed by the sight.
First time for me to witness the sun bidding goodbye to the day andgive glory to the sister moon. As the evening approached, we decided to call it a day.
I asked him why we were heading to an opposite direction. He said we will not go home, instead, we will proceed to their rest house in Laguna.
I could not stop him until he pulled over and bought us a little dinner. We had a family sized pepperoni pizza, crispy chicken wings and fries. We shared over a 12 oz soda and a liter of wilkins. It was a lovely dinner especially when shared with someone you love.