Day 3

"Oh God, I thought we would never arrive" Godric said, getting out of the carriage while stretching.

Marco followed him out and smiled "You are exaggerating, we were on the road only two days"

Godric turned over to look at Marco "I still don't know why we didn't stay at the inn last night. Travelling at night is fairly dangerous, we could have encountered bandits"

"The region around Water seven is highly militarized therefore bandit attack are rare"

"Anyway, we're lucky it seems there's a carnival in town tonight" Godric remarked. Around them, people in costumes and masks were discussing, laughing and passing by them.

"It's Water seven, masked balls are a specialty of the town" Marco shrugged.

Ace had been on edge for days now, he even forced Marco to try some costumes and finally settled for a blue costume and a silver face mask. Marco had tried to know what Ace was going to wear at the ball, Ace had only smiled and said that he would see it when the time comes. Marco had tried to make him spill the beans, arguing the fact that Ace knew what he was going to wear, but nothing had worked.

So, that's how Marco found himself at the ball, nursing his glass of booze. The feast had begun a long time ago, and no sign of Ace. Marco hadn't been alone all the time, he was still a prince and women tended to like that, he discussed and danced with them, but he never stayed too long with one particularly, no need to let them hope.

Marco was going to leave the ballroom when he felt a hand on his arm. A woman was standing next to him, wearing a red ball dress, her mask covering her entire face that only her eyes were visible, her long black hair was styled into an elegant braid.

She put her gloved hand on Marco's and asked "Will you dance with me?"

Marco was tempted to refuse but decided that one more dance won't hurt.

-------------------------------------------------------

"Thanks Deuce" Ace said to him for untying the lace of the corset he was wearing.

"It's nothing Ace. You should go rest now."

"Yeah, I'm going straight to bed, Bye Deuce" Ace said.

"Good night, your highness" Deuce called him after he left the room.

Ace walked through the deserted corridor, happy to not meet anybody while he was wearing a dress, granted nobody would recognize him because of his mask and his wig. Before entering his room, Ace glanced at the door of the room next to his, Marco's room. He sighed when he closed the door.

"Were you going to kiss me?" Ace froze when he heard Marco's voice, he turned and Marco was there, sitting on his bed. "Don't take me wrong, this dress looks lovely on you" Marco continued, standing up and going closer to Ace who stepped backwards until his back was pressed at the door. "So, Ace were you going to kiss me?"

"I, I, ...." Ace shuttered "What if I wanted to?"

Marco smiled in response, took off Ace's mask and leaned toward Ace to brush his lips with his own.