On The Clock! | James "Bucky" Barnes x Male Reader

Fandom: Marvel

Pairing: James 'Bucky' Barnes x Male! Reader - Pre-romantic, can be read platonic.

Summary: James is bothered by the fact that he doesn't know why you've got a problem with him. He's also bothered by the fact that he cares enough to want to know why.

A/N: No real plot, off of canon MCU plot. HEAVY anti-Team Cap vibes, kinda. James might be pretty OOC, sorry.

And for non-important context, you have the power of a literal star (meaning you fucking heat up so hot you're basically a star and like, a brighter version of Danvers except you're basically a star. Have I mentioned that you're a hot flaming ball of gas on the inside? No?)

Also, surprise Hannibal (the TV show) reference!

James notices, after a few weeks since your arrival to the compound, that you have a problem with him; which, fair, who doesn't, but the thing is, is that James doesn't know why

Steve's problem with him- as much as he tries to insist that he doesn't have one- is that James isn't Bucky; at least, not entirely. He can't entirely fault the man for that, but his sad gaze gets suffocating sometimes.

Natasha, well, there's always been bad blood, but James accounts that to the history they share more than anything else.

As for the "old" Avengers- Clint, Wanda, the likes- it might just be because of how aloof James is on most days.

The new Avengers' problem isn't personal, no, but James just attributes that because they're Team Iron Man, which, he doesn't blame them.

But you, you're different.

You're new to the whole superhero gig, and unlike the new Avengers, your gripe with Team Cap was less personal, and more like an attack on their position as an Avenger.

You dislike Natasha because she's proven herself to be distrustful, and that she doesn't even know which side she's on.

As for Steve, you've stated to the blonde's face that you find his reputation as Captain America to be ostentatious and clouds his judgements as a team leader, which you've described as sub-par at best.

Clint, well. James is almost sure that you're actually cool with him, but that you just dislike him because he's too old for his job, which, fair concern. But you don't really say that to his face as he's still doing good for his age, so.

And as for Wanda, you've told her to her face as well that she's, quote, "too damn old to be acting like a fucking child" and when Wanda had said that you're no older than her, you snorted, "Maximoff, I'm old enough to have fathered you and a lot of people on this roster. I just look good for my age," which horrified both her and everyone around that heard that.

(James later asks you if you're actually that old, since you didn't really look the part and that comment threw him (and everyone else) off.)