The Rage of....

My head and my throat hurt from crying. The shock definitely held it off at first, but once it wore off, I just collapsed into tears. The stress, the pain, it all came toppling down with the final blow of Mugaro dying. He had just left talking to Azazel to tell him goodbye and was on his way back to his mother, but somehow just between then, someone had stabbed him and left him to bleed out.

  Rita did all that she could to save him, but the poor boy just didn't make it. Mugaro had lost too much blood before he was found, and the damage was too extensive.

  The world seemed to mourn with us as the clouds rolled in to pour down rain over the Earth.

  "Was it not them? The only ones who know of this place who aren't here are your subordinates." Azazel's tone was steady as he spoke to the knight behind him.

  "Are you accusing Dias and Alessand?"

  "They were Charioce's dogs."

  "No!"

  "Then tell me!" Azazel turned on the man with his fangs bared. "Who killed Mugaro?!"

  "I don't know! But they are my allies!"

  "Then are you saying that one of us did it?"

  "I'm not saying that!"

  "Then accept it! You roped those dogs into this and got Mugaro killed!"

  "I will not tolerate any more insults!"

  "Stop it, you idiots!" Bacchus bellowed at the two men grabbing each other's collars.

  "....The one who killed the kid was Alessand." Favaro stated while polishing his sword.

  "Is that....really true?"

  "Yeah. I saw him running away with my own eyes. You'll see it's true if you just look into it enough."

  "....I'll kill him and Charioce!" Azazel growled before Jeanne walked in. She looked angry, her hands fisted at her sides but said nothing.

  "Jeanne!" Nina got to her feet as a portal opened and Jeanne walked toward it. The woman ignored my sister, and the angel looked her way.

  "We're returning to the land of the gods." Was the only explanation she gave and went into the portal after Jeanne. Azazel turned and walked out into the rain before the portal had even closed.

~

  Nina stood in front of me, her expression blank while looking at me.

  "I'm sorry." Her voice was calm, and I realized this was the first time we'd looked at each other since I stormed off after smacking her. "I'm sorry for hurting you."

  "Why do I sense a 'but' with that?"

  "Because there is. I'm sorry for hurting you, but I'm not sorry for falling in love. Charioce....he's nothing like what you hear about. At least, not to me."

  "You're an idiot, Nina." I said bluntly. "He may be kind to you, but he is the driving force for why demons are living the way they do. A good man doesn't enslave people or go to war with the gods."

  "....I know."

  "And?"

  "I'm going to see him. I need to see for myself what he's doing."

  "Then look outside! Your sweet king is the one that's getting all these people killed!"

  "I understand that you're angry with me, but I just....I just need answers."