Chapter 1

Narrator Pov (Recap) Flashback

"Danielle Aaliyah Green I love you with all my heart. You mean the world to me. If I could I would give you the world, the stars and the moon. You love me for me. Even thru the bad times you rode with me. Your the Bonnie to my Clyde, the wind beneath my wings, and the star in my sky" said James.

He got down on one knee and said "Danielle Aaliyah Green will you do me the honor to marry me"

Danielle stood there with tears in her eyes. "James....I...I....I......."

"James yes"squealed Danielle. James placed a 12 karat diamond crusted engagement ring on her ring finger. He got off of his knee.

Danielle Pov

I cant believe James proposed. I hugged him while looking at the ring. This is the best day if my life. Everyone crowded around me happy. I showed Tk, Ayanna, and Erynn the ring.

"He put a ring on it"said Ayanna. "Yasssss" said Tk dancing like a drunk aunt at a party. "Girl yesss" I screamed. "Congrats" said Erynn sounding a lil salty. "Imma let it slide its my moment today"I thought in my head.

(End of flashback)....

Five years later.......

Danielle Pov

I woke up feeling great. I reached over and didn't feel James beside me. I got up out the bed and headed to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth.

I looked at my engagement ring on my finger. Its been five years and we still haven't walked down the aisle yet. I told him I had to finish college first.

I ended up going to school in the A. The same day James proposed was the same day i got a letter from Spelman say I got in. That day I gave my mom alot of good news.

I'm still in shock that James proposed to me and we still together. I finished in the bathroom and headed downstairs. I fixed me a bowl of Fruit loops and headed to the living room.

Life has been good for us. James left the game alone. He focused on school and sports. He got a full ride to Georgia State to play football. He recently got signed to play for the Falcons.

He wants me to sit at home and don't work but they ain't me. I have one more year if college till I can graduate. Today just a chill day for me. No school or work. I turned to tv on to watch my Saturday cartoons.

I was enjoying Tom and Jerry till my phone vibrated on the table. I picked it up and answered it without looking at the caller id.

"Hello" I said. "Hey baby sorry I left without telling you"said James. "Its ok baby I know you got training camp before the season start" I said. "That's why I love you"he said.

"I thought you love me for other reasons" I said smirking. "Wait till I get home"he said. "You know I will be waiting" I said seductively. I could tell he was biting his bottom lip.

"Don't try to tap out like last night" he said. "Trust me I wont" I said. "You have to work"asked James. "No not that I know of unless they call me in"I replied. "You know when the season start you gotta be at my game right" he said.

"Yea but you know I don't like the wives" I said. "You are there to support me"he said. "I know its just I don't want no problems" I said.

"No one better not mess with my fiance or there will be problems" he said sounding mad. "Bae relax. I see what they mean"I said. "What"he asked. "You can take the boy out the hood but you cant take the hood out the boy" I said laughing.