I: Enthused

The coolness of the afternoon was comforting. As the wind rolled gently outside, undulating, I simply watched as the clouds glided across the horizon. In the moments they covered the Sun, they cast shadows of premonition onto the Earth, whispering to the people that perhaps it would rain sometime soon. I would stare at the sight with half-lidded eyes, comforted by the idea that this life would never end. 

Yet my thoughts were interrupted by an inexplicable wheezing sound. Turning an ear to the noise, I regarding my boyfriend behind me, who was violently tapping on my arm, body language screaming for help. I stifled a laugh and simply inquired him for the fifth time today:

"Are you alright, Korai?" Hoshiumi groaned and gave me a meager thumbs-up, shaking the slightest bit.

"I'm fine!" he yelled, voice muffled by my body pressed against him. I chuckled at his antics and sat up, allowing for the white-haired male to finally breathe. As I did, however, he took a deep breath, then angrily growled and pulled me back down, latching onto my torso with an iron grip. I yelped at the sudden sensation, gripping onto my lover's wrists. 

"Korai, stop!" I exclaimed, bursting into laughter, "I feel bad for suffocating you!" He screamed in response, filling the room with playful yet jovial sound. 

"I am capable of being the big spoon! I am capable! I grew two inches since high school, (Y/N)!" Sighing and rolling my eyes coyly, I broke free of his hold on me, turned around and pecked his cheek. My eyes stared lovingly into his, sparkling with rapture and utter adoration.

"But I'm still taller than you." With a groan at my irrefutable response, the stubborn male finally relented, relaxing his muscles and allowing for me to comfortably rest on top of him. I grinned and cupped his cheeks with my palms, my thumbs squishing them so that his face was adorably contorted. 

"It's okay, Korai," I murmured, my eyes focused on his prominent features, "If it makes you feel better, you've gotten more handsome since high school." I cackled as Hoshiumi's cheeks turned a bright shade of pink at my comment. He gripped my shoulders and brought me closer, so that my face was mere inches away from his. His eyebrows were furrowed gently, above trembling irises that I could get lost in. I always admired their unique coloration. 

"That does make me feel better," he bashfully mumbled under his breath. I hummed in amusement and used an index finger to lift his chin and turn his head towards me. Closing the distance between the two of us, I smiled and fluttered my eyes shut.

"I'm glad, Ko." Pressing my lips against his, I sighed and relaxed at the sensation of his kiss. This tender feeling was enough to make me melt in Hoshiumi's arms, so that I became absolute putty in his hands. Soft rumbles of pleasure came from the back of my throat as I pressed further, shifting to get a better taste of my lover's lips. Sensing Korai's back straighten and come off of the couch, I slid my hands across his shoulders and entangled them in his hair, happily enjoying the texture with my digits. 

"I love you so much, Korai," I breathed in between kisses, "You make me so happy." 

With these words, it was almost as if I could feel Hoshiumi's chest swell with pride and his spirit soar. Giggling at his behavior, I gave him one last peck before looking at him wholeheartedly. The white-haired male's eyes were widened, absolutely teeming with gratification, lustrous with an overwhelming sense of self. His mouth was pulled outwards into a grin, unabashedly showing the complete joy in knowing that I, his significant other, loved him. I thought it was one of the most endearing aspects of our relationship, to say the least.

"I'm happy when I'm with you, too, (Y/N)." 

I couldn't help but laugh and feel my heart swell at his charm. There was some inexplicable hold that he had on me -- one that tugged at my heartstrings and made me flustered beyond my wits. Every moment I was with him was bliss, though I felt as if I spoke in that manner with rose-colored glasses on. But truthfully, I loved him with all my heart. Every quirk and boisterous mannerism that he presented, I loved.

Placing a palm on his cheek, I kept looking into his eyes, wholeheartedly enraptured by how they gleamed. He seemed to be just as hypnotized in mine, which I appreciated. Korai put his hand over mine and nuzzled into my touch, eyes closing in satisfaction. Giving a delighted hum, he pulled me further into him so that our chests touched each other.

Giving a soft sigh and an acute smile, I kissed him again, my body heating as I felt Hoshiumi's arm wrap around my torso, holding my figure ever-so tightly. This continued on for what felt like eternity until we both ran out of breath, soft pants coming from our mouths as we parted. 

Having filled my quota for affection for the day, I slid down so that my face could rest comfortably against his chest and grinned. As Korai's hands softly cradled the back of my skull, I happily mumbled some reminders for tomorrow before I drifted off.

"You have a game tomorrow, but you're gonna be fine, Korai, I believe in you." Hoshiumi chuckled at my comment.

"Thanks for that," he laughed, patting the top of my head, "I think that I'll do fine as well. I'm pretty amazing, after all."

I laughed sleepily at his prideful demeanor and brought his hand down to press my lips against it before fully closing my eyes, listening to the steady rhythm of his heartbeat as it lulled me to sleep.

"You are amazing, Korai."

__

the reader is taller than hoshiumi