Chapter Eleven (1/2)

[Sam's POV]

The dark oak log I was sitting on felt no warmer then the snow covered ground. The wood was hard, the snow was atleast semi soft. I sighed and repositioned myself on the log, now laying at my back stareing at he frozen lake. Luke, or Punz, and I were in charge of food, we were currently fishing.

It was early in the morning, so most of the prey were safe inside their warm homes. Luke and I decided to try fishing in hopes of catching enough for the group, so I found a spot near the edge of the frozen lake that was thin enough to break. Luke used a nearby branch to break a decent sized hole in the lake. How we got the fishing rod? A long durable stick and some string, along with some bent metal we found.

Luke was now sat next to me on the dark oak log, as we both watched for the bobber to move. Behind us was Eret's bag. (After a nigh of being together the others felt comfortable enough to share their real names with me. I still sometimes use their nick names though.) In Erets bag was the raw food we had gathered this morning. It held lam and pork chops, along with one salmon and two raw cod we had fished not to long ago. We had a good amount of food considering the sun had only risen a few hours ago.

The group had decided to stay in this cold dark oak biom. It had a great amount of resources, and it was suitable to settle in. While me and Luke were on food duty, the rest worked on gathering materials and building shelter. Right now, we stayed in makeshift tents around a fire pit. Our current goals were to survive and find posible others.

To be honest here, the game was so glitched that it resembled the real world. But without other humans, pollution, and it included minecraft features such as the mobs and crafting. There was a glitch with the crafting though. Yes, we could craft things like in minecraft but we could also make our own things, like the tents.

As I sat on the log spacing out, a thought/memory came to me. I remember reading a series of books when I was younger, and from those books I learned how cats acted and how they lived, and...how they hunted. A smirk grew on my face. I sat up on the log and faced Luke. He looked over to me, confused at the sudden movement. ''I'm going to go take a quick walk. I'll meet you back here in about thirty minutes, okay?'' I spoke. He thought for a moment then responded, ''Alright, yell for me if you need help, and be safe.'' I smiled, ''Yep! Cya soon.'' And with that I hoped off the log and trotted into the forest.

[Word count: 495]
not read over

A/N

Yoooo, so this is just a tiny little thing, I'll continue it in the next part! Art is traced.
Have a great day/evening!
-Night :)

(Found out that Eret doesn't like his real name being used! SORRY!)