Baby Steps

Raven and Dexter talk

Raven: Hey Dexter (smiles)

Dexter: (stares in awe) Hi Raven...

Raven: It's nice to see you...how are you?

Dexter: I'm gort! Uh! I mean good I---I started to say good then said great and got......gort?

Raven: (laughs) Gort! (laughs more)

Dexter: (rubs neck) So. So how are you?

Raven: Pretty good. Are your glasses okay?

Dexter: Yeah there fi-- Wait! You're the one who took my glasses?

Raven: (blushes) well I saw you struggling to get out of the crowd of girls so I tried to use my levitation skills to lift you out but I got distracted and the only thing that lifted was your glasses and then I accidentally dropped them.... sorry.

Dexter: Aaw its okay thanks for...trying to help me

Raven:(smiles)

Dexter: Gee I hate to be rude but I have to get my stuff in my dorm. See you around?

Raven: Okay,Bye Dex. See ya

Dexter: Bye.

Ravens POV

I really did feel bad about Dexters glasess because, I know how much he needs them. Dexter is such a great guy. I love the way he studders when he gets tongue tied and the twinkle he gets in his eyes when he succeeds in making you smile or laugh. Other then Maddie, Dexter was the first person at EAH to talk to me; not because he had no choice to but because he wanted to. I remember his soft voice let out a "Hey, Raven" he'd wave and flash a side smile. I warned him that people don't like me much because I'm "evil" but he didnt mind. Dexter never made me feel like I was some creepy girl who was destined to kill the schools most beloved Royal Apple White. I don't know why but, I always thought Dex would be annoyingly conceited like his brother Daring but no, he's an amazing guy and a great listener. One day the head master Grimm made a new rule that royals and rebels couldn't be friends outside of school. Everyone took that rule seriously because they didn't want to risk screwing up their stories, eventually Grimm got rid of the rule and everything was normal but a lot of friendships were ruined, Dexter and I weren't as close. I'm just glad Dex is still my friend.

Dexter's POV

I thought it was really sweet of Raven to try and help me. I usally don't get nervous around pretty girls but, Raven is just so spellbindingly gorgeous, when she looks me in the eyes its like she can see right through me with her enchanting eyes. I get tongue tied when ever I talk to her. My brother would always try to get me to hang out with the Royal crowd but I didn't want that. I wanted a friend who wouldn't care if I'm royal or rebel who liked me for me and that person is Raven Queen. Daring and most of the royals would always try to convince me that Raven was a bad person. But how could such a beatiful girl who's always alone and doesn't even like using her powers be evil? I know Raven is supposed to poison Apple White but, its pretty clear she doesn't want to and I don't blame her. I remember once I asked to join her for lunch but she tried to warn me about her being too evil to have unch with anyone but, I didn't care she didn't deserve to be alone. Plus I liked talking to Raven there were a lot of things I understood about her and I liked to listen to her problems. Everything was great with Raven until the head master Grimm declared a rule that royals and rebels can't be friends outside of school. It messed up a lot of friendships especially me and Raven's. Grimm came to his senses and changed his mind about the rule but after that nothing was the same. I'm just glad Raven still likes to talk to me.