Chapter 4: The Hospital

I have a good question: Other than Holding You, Seasons, and Meant to Be; what song(s) do you think also fits Luke×Zander?
My answer: Through the years by Kenny Rogers, A Thousand Years by Christina Perry, You Raise Me Up by Josh Broban, Count on Me by Bruno Mars, and Never gonna give you up by Rick Astley ;w;

Zander's POV

"W-What if he doesn't wake up?" I stuttered. My loved one is sitting on the hospital bed; unconscious.

He was heavily breathing when I woke up; it was like he was struggling. His head was boiling hot and his mouth was.. I can't even imagine..I dialed 911 as fast as possible. Thankfully, they arrived quickly with a few questions..

While the nurses and doctors were checking on Luke, I called Hailey as fast as I can. She got with the whole club-plus Jake.

Hailey put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry, Zander. He'll wake up. I promise.."

How is that suppost to cheer me up? I lost dad; I can't lose Luke too. I sniffed as tears ran down my eye. Jake sighed and handed me a hot coco.

"Here.." he said, sighing.

3 minutes later, the doctor came in to check in on us about Luke. "How is he, doctor? Please say he's alright!"

The doctor gave a pleasing smile, then wrote on her clipboard "Don't worry, Mr. Wickham, Mr. Peterson is fine. He had a small heart attack."

The club all sighed in relief. I put a hand on my hand, thanking God a million for making Luke okay.

"I believe you are his boyfriend, correct?" The doctor pointed at me, causing me to faint a blush. "I think you should go in here first..Maybe we can find a clue on what is going on with him. As a matter of fact..we keep hearing him saying your name over and over again.."

I looked down, then again at the doctor. I nodded confidently and turned my head to face Hailey. She and the rest of the club gave me a thumbs up and smiled lightly.

I walked into the room and saw Luke with an icepack on his head and a blanket wrapped around him. I put the hot coco Jake gave me and put it to the side and looked at Luke; taking one big step closer.

Once I opened the hospital door, I immediately looked at my boyfriend with a serious expression..then there was an awkward silence and I didn't know how to start speaking. "Luke.. you stupid idiot I thought I lost you.."

My stubborn lover slowly tried to get out of bed and sit up but I didn't let him. "Lay down, Luke."

Luke chuckled and shrugged. "Zander, I'm fine. I just had one heart attack; I couldn't breathe that's--"

"LUKE I WAS TERRIFIED!!" I snapped. My body trembling and tears ready to drop down from my eyes and I didn't bother to wipe them.

Luke opened his mouth as if he was about to speak, but I interrupted him. "Do you know how worried I was?! Do you know how worried our friends are?! Not to mention your freakin' parents might be worried about you too!" I sniffed, proceeding.

"I'm sorry.." he looked down and he shook, crossing his arms and closing his eyes tightly.

"Luke, I wanna know what the heck is happening to you," I yelled. My friends probably heard me from across the room but I didn't bother. "I'm not that stupid you know.."

Luke looked down. "Well.."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

5 weeks earlier

Something is definitely wrong with Luke. He keeps helping me too much; and not just the big things like homework, I mean he keeps watching me.

This one guy with brown hair who was Luke's teammate in soccer, we talked about Luke and he seemed really proud of me and Luke being together. We talked for a long while until Luke came in and made sure the boy wasn't flirting with me or anything.

I tripped and Luke being the sweet one made sure I had no injuries. And also because Luke helps everyone else too.

"Do you need help with that?"

I held up 8 heavy books for math, but I got it covered so I kissed him on the cheek and said, "No, sweetie but thank you."

He insisted and got all 8 books out of my hand and walked into the math classroom. I groaned.

●●●●●●●●

Luke's POV:

"Luke, we have to go now. Make sure you do all your homework when we're gone and say hi to Zander for me," my mom grabbed her back and clung her arm onto my dad. I just sit there and watch as my parents leave me again for their jobs.

There was no goodbye again for me. They didn't deserve a goodbye from me..and the door just shut close.

I decided to go to my drums again to make me calm again..When suddenly, I had an idea..

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Present Day:

Zander's POV

"And that's when I purposely made myself sick just by going out with you in this winter.." Luke continued. "That's the reason I'm here in the first place.." He looked down at himself from disappointment. I am disappointed at him too. I clenched my fists.

"But why didn't you just tell me about your parents..?" I raised my voice.

"Because.. I didn't want me to remind you of your old..dad so-" I went closer to my boyfriend, giving him a sad expression. I didn't want to be reminded of my old dad- but that's better than seeing Luke in a hospital- really sick.

I put my hands on his. "That's the past, Luke. Don't make yourself sick because of me. And.. I'm really disappointed at what you did."

My auburn boyfriend looked at me with sad eyes. His butterscotch  pupils watered. "I'm sorry.."

It took a moment for me to respond. Awkward silence just echoed between us. "Just.. don't scare me again.." I whispered.

Luke smiled slyly. "I promise..No more secrets."

The door suddenly opened and the pink haired devil groaned. "Yo' Zander.. your moment with Luke is so fun to watch; but could you do us a favor? We wanna see Luke too!"

I groaned and rolled my eyes. I leaned to Luke and kissed him on the forehead. "Love you.."

When I stepped out of the hospital room, I took at one more glance at Luke. I see him giggle again with Milly and Sean. I sighed and whispered myself that I should've done a while ago..

"Luke..you need a talk with your parents.."

Annnnnnd done!

Hello Honey Buns-- I mean readers teehee- I hope you enjoyed this part, it was so rushed imo- ;w;

I had serious writers block for a whole month. I don't even know why I was nervous to publish this part- or even work on it for some reason. But fortunately I did and I think that I might work on this more to be finally done the whole story by the end of this week or next week! (Yayy~)

Also this story is not really turning to a remake as I imagined it would be. I kind of just changed some minor details and turned it more.. idk how to say it.. But I hope its better than the old version-

Also, I have a new story name "Too Complicated" if you want to check that out- ^^

Also..

Did you guys enjoy ep.6? Cuz I did and I am very excited for ep.7!- You can write theories of what can happen in ep.7 since its just part 1 of 6 (REMEMBER that-) and its probably coming by the end of this month!

(Also, this kind of what this chapter was inspired about.. I noticed that all the club members explained about what their parents were like: Hailey and Zander's said their dad was in a band, their mom's play piano. Milly's parents doesn't let her play guitar too hard in the house, Jake's said something about his mom and leaving his brother at the soup isle, and Sean's parents argue a lot. And I noticed that Luke didn't mention is mom and dad so that's kind of suspicious to me- We probably get to see that next episode but you know..thats just a theory- XD

So yeah- sorry about my ramboling and I'll see you in the next chapter!