14 - It's Not Me, It's You

Sarawat's POV

I opened my eyes. It didn't feel like my head was about to burst into a million pieces. I carefully turned to look around. I did not feel jolts of agony run through me at the movement.

I sat up slowly. It was dark out. I'd slept through the day. I could hear Tine talking on the phone.

".... happy for you both. Yes Pear, I'm fine. Don't worry about me. I'm with Wat, and that's all that matters. Did Master...."

I felt stiff and sore. I got wordlessly up off the bed and headed to the shower. I needed to wash away the stench, the grime and the sweat of my riverside sojourn.

I had to clear my head before I talked to Tine. I stood under the hot water, framing what I wanted to say to him.

"Tine, I think it's time we took our relationship to the previous level..."

"It's not me, it's you. I mean, it's me..."

"Dear Mr Teepakorn, I regret to inform you..."

I switched the water off with a sigh and stepped out of the shower only to realize I had no clothes to wear.

Great going, Wat. You can bare your soul and your ass when you break-up.

I wrapped a towel around my waist and stepped out, hoping to find a set of my clothes that I'd forgotten in Tine's laundry the previous week.

Tine looked up from his phone and his eyes immediately grew dark. He stared at me.

Then he crossed the space between us in three long steps.

I stepped back, surprised by the speed with which he'd reacted.

He backed me right up against the wall without ever touching me. He placed his hands on the wall next to my head on either side.

Our eyes locked. His gaze was feral and famished, his eyes heavy lidded, his pupils blown with desire.

His breath fell warm against my face, and his eyes trailed to my lips. His own were parted slightly, and he flicked out the tip of his tongue to moisten them.

He swallowed and his Adam's apple bobbed at his throat.

Our bodies were at least a foot apart, and he didn't make a move to come closer or touch me. And yet, I'd never felt so desired.

Heat radiated between us, searing and raw. I was sure my fast growing erection under the inadequate towel was making a tent between my legs. I hoped Tine wouldn't look down.

"Do you have something to say, Wat?" he breathed, his voice husky and rough around the edges. He tilted his head slightly, his eyes on my neck.

I gulped. "Tine, we need to break-up" I whispered. I'd forgotten how to breathe.

"You said that before. Why do you think that is required?" he asked in the same low voice, his face an inch closer, his eyes tracing my jaw, my cheek bone, up to my temple.

Every nerve in my body was hyper-sensitive from anticipation. My bones ached to close the gap between us. I pressed my palms and shoulders against the wall to keep myself from leaning into him.

I didn't dare to blink. "Tine, you need someone who will complete you, not tear your life apart" I said and gave myself a mental high-five for eloquence.

My brain immediately stopped functioning as Tine moved an excruciating inch closer.

"You already complete me, but for now I want you to tear me apart" he whispered, and he leaned his head all the way into the curve of my neck, his lips a whisper way from my burning skin.