friends.

"Y/n..." Kenma quickly lowered his eye level down to his feet. His face turned pink as his fingers interlocked between themselves.

"Would you like to meet up this weekend?" He muttered under his breath. Y/n's heart started racing. 

"Of-of course!" y/n smiled at him. Kenma's bright yellow eyes lit up like the fiery sun. He had never felt this amount of excitement before. His heart pounded in his chest, and his mind was pacing through thoughts at an unimaginable speed. 

"A-are you free on Sunday morning?" he stuttered, trying to calm his emotions as fast as possible. 

They both stood in silence, excitement filling their minds. It wasn't a big deal, but neither of them had ever had any friends to hang out with. Both Kenma and y/n lacked social skills, and honestly just despised social interaction, but something about their friendship was deeper than just friendship.

Y/n nodded happily, making Kenma smile a little brighter. 

"Let's go?" she jumped up, a little too happy. Kenma smiled once again as he walked alongside y/n down the long cement path. 

Kenma's backpack shuffled every step he made on their way home. Y/n was intrigued by the sound and slowly looked over at his backpack as they entered the forested part of the trail.

A folded up piece of paper was peaking out of the zipper. It was the same paper that y/n had drawn on earlier. He had kept the drawing! She smiled at the thought, and Kenma noticed it.

"Why are you so happy?" he looked over at her in confusion. He was just as excited, but he wasn't sure what she had noticed in his backpack. 

"You kept my drawing!" y/n stared down at her hands. 

"Oh! Yeah, I love it," Kenma muttered, his face turning pink. 

As they neared the fork in the trail, y/n stopped walking and turned to face Kenma. 

"Kenma-"  

He leaned forward and traced his fingers down her face, interrupting her sentence. His lips met hers in a soft kiss. Y/n's face turned bright red as Kenma pulled back and let out a little chuckle. 

He looked down at his feet in embarrassment as he felt y/n moving closer to him. She stretched her arms out to the side and leaned into a deep hug. Her arms locked around Kenma's upper body. 

Kenma's hands reached out and locked around y/n's waist in return. She was warmer than usual. He pulled out of the hug and stared deep into y/n's dark eyes. 

"Saturday at 11?" she questioned, a small hint of confidence filling her voice. 

"It's a date," Kenma's lips formed a small smile as the two of them parted their ways.