sunday

Y/n woke up in a cold sweat, and she realized that she was still in the bathroom. The shower was off, and she was still wrapped into a little ball in the far corner of the bathroom.

She yawned and assumed that her mother was concerned about the water bill again last night. Slowly, y/n stood up and wrapped a large towel around herself. She turned towards the kitchen counter and looked at herself in the mirror. 

Her reflection portrayed a darkened personality. Her eyes were emptier than usual, and her hair was messier than ever. The dark bags under her eyes contrasted her hair. 

Someday, she had hoped and prayed that she would be able to replace the girl in her dreams and drawings. She wanted to be up on a mountain, looking over the large world. But it was only a dream. And everyone around her had proven that dreams never come true. 

Y/n pulled a t-shirt over her head, yawning once again. Once she finished getting changed, she looked over at an empty wall. It was Sunday! The day she had waited for all of yesterday. But for some reason, it wasn't as exciting as she had hoped. 

She walked downstairs and noticed that neither her mother nor father were home. She grabbed a bowl out of the cupboard and placed it on the counter. She poured herself a bowl of cereal, milk, and a spoon. 

She sat down at the kitchen table where her mother usually sat. There were no more papers and no more mother. She only could wonder where her mom went without warning. 

Behind the table sat her mother's little desk. This was where she usually worked on her part-time jobs every once in a while. Y/n leaned backward and grabbed a pencil and paper from her mom's desk. 

She placed them both on the table and started writing, while still scooping spoonfuls of cereal into her mouth. 

Good morning, mom! I am out with Kenma today, just to let you know. I hope you have a good day, I should be home by around 4.

She traced her hand over the paper, shaping letters in her consistent handwriting. She left the paper on her mother's desk and stood up to wash her bowl. She was excited to meet up with Kenma now. She missed him, after all. 

She washed her bowl quickly and grabbed a jacket from the coat rack. She kneeled down and slid two navy blue Converse sneakers over her white socks. 

She stood up and jumped quickly before walking out of the front door. 

She ran down the steps of her house and started quickly pacing down the sidewalk. Before she reached the fork in the road that Kenma said to meet at, she stopped and took a deep breath. 

Y/n walked towards the forest and saw Kenma peacefully sitting at a bench. Unexpectedly, he didn't have his DS or anything of the sort. He was instead observing his surroundings by staring at the trees and squirrels. 

Y/n admired his patience and sat down next to him. He flinched and looked over to her, a terrified look on his face. 

"Oh, hi, y/n," he smiled as she giggled. 

"Hello, Kenma," she said. They both leaned back against the bench and looked upwards at the white fluffy clouds. Kenma leaned his head over to hers and stared at her side-profile.

He admired her features and her consistent smile even when he knew she was in terrible pain last night. 

"Where would you like to go?" he asked her. She tilted her head over to his and smiled. 

"Your choice," she looked back up at the sky. He let out a little sigh as his smile grew larger. 

"I missed you," Kenma muttered under his breath. 

"Me t-" 

Their lips met in a short but passionate kiss. Her eyes widened at his sudden action. He pulled back and let out a little giggle.

"You're adorable," he looked back up at the sky.