six

⌜ chapter six ⌟

Letty smiles when she rolls onto her other side and sees Eric laying next to her in their bed. He seems so peaceful, and she thinks that he's still asleep until his arm tightens around her and his hand slides up her back.

"Morning." He mumbles groggily, his voice still rough from having just woken up.

"Morning." Her smile widens as she scoots even closer to him. "You're always so warm. It's not fair." She says as she presses her cool fingertips to the warm skin of his abdomen.

"It's my ploy to get you to cuddle with me in the mornings instead of getting out of bed."

"Oh, well, it's definitely working." The brunette says as she leans over and presses a kiss to his bare collar bone.

"Mm. You start with that, and we're gonna be late for class." He tells her, and she chuckles as she moves her head back so that she can look at his face. He still hasn't opened his eyes. "This is great, isn't it? Us living together, finally perfectly happy after everything that we've been through."

"Yeah. Yeah, it is great. Kinda perfect, actually." She says, and he smiles. "Hey, Eric?"

"Hm?" He takes a deep breath as she reaches up and brushes his hair off of his forehead.

"I love you." Letty says, and he finally opens his light brown eyes to look at her.

"I thought...you didn't want to say it on just any day." He says, and she shakes her head.

"It's not just any day. It's another perfect morning...waking up next to the only person who has ever made me as happy as I feel every time I'm with you." She tells him. "I love you, Eric. I am completely and totally in love with—"

He leans over and presses his lips to hers as he pushes her onto her back. "I love you." He says between kisses, and she smiles. "And I'm thinking that we can do with missing a little bit of class today."

"Took the words right out of my mouth." She agrees as his lips make their way down her neck to her chest.

After the happy couple finally heads to their separate courses, Eric learns that he has a test coming up in his History class. Naturally, that makes him anxious, and he heads to the first place that comes to mind when thinking of someone to help him study for and pass his test.

"Mr. Feeny!" Eric yells from the teacher's backyard, and the older man stumbles through the door to see what's got him all worked up.

"What is it, Mr. Matthews?"

"Crisis at college. I have a really big test, okay?" He tells him. "And test scores are important in college. I need your help."

"Eric, it's time you did this on your own." Mr. Feeny tells him. "Now, you're fine. You have all the skills. And I have confidence in you, I just wish you had more confidence in yourself. Good luck, my boy." He pats Eric's arm and starts back into the house.