My suspicions ( Part I)

The next day, Elios once again does not show up to work. Emma contemplates texting him to ask about he is doing but restrains herself, worried about interfering with his business. As she realizes she does not know much about his life, Matthew accidentally bumps into her. Emma attempts to start a conversation but Matthew refuses, calling her weird. As Emma gapes at Matthew's retreating back, Yohan enters the cafe.

Emma admires Yohan's artwork. As he cheerfully orders a drink, Emma wonders if he and Elios are acquainted. After Emma informs him that Elios is once again absent, Yohan wonders aloud if Elios is avoiding him. Irritably, Emma directs Yohan to sit at a nearby table.

Several hours later, Emma notices that Yohan is still at the table, focusing on his work. She informs him that the cafe will soon be closing. Surprised by the time, Yohan comments how it is easy to lose track when having fun. As Emma notices his graphic tablet, Yohan offers to show her some of his artwork. Awed by his skills, she asks why he is studying law rather than art. He explains that though his childhood dream was to become a comic artist, a terrible incident involving someone he cares about led him to keep art as a hobby and pursue law instead. He gathers his things and leaves.

Elios waits for Emma. After ending her shift, Emma leaves the cafe to walk home. In the dark streets, she spots Elios, casually dressed in dark clothes, waiting for her. Pleasantly surprised, Emma allows him to escort her home. As they walk, Emma peers over at him and notices how different he seems. Timidly, she asks why he is not wearing glasses. Elios explains that he wears contact lenses when he needs to move around a lot. Before Emma can inquire any further, Elios asks Emma to stay away from Yohan, claiming that he is up to something.