Isle unto thyself

"Missouri, Missouri" Dakota tried to wake up his sister.

"What?" She sleepily replied It was 7 AM

"Do you have any dating advice?" He asked, hoping for a response.

"Are you going to ask Rotary out?" She wouldn't wake up.

"N-No" He exclaimed, extremely flustered

"It has to do with Evelyn" Dakota blushed as he said her name. "You're the closest person I could talk to, and I feel like Evelyn might reject me"

"You got this, Kody" Missouri reassured him. "She's showed signs of liking you, shoot your shot!"

Dakota's body tensed at what his sister said. "S-Shoot?"

"Oh yeah, sorry, what I'm trying to say is that you should just ask her out, she'll probably say yes"

"O-Okay" The loveable dork smiled and scratched the back of his head.

He made his way to the top of the stairs and to the closet to grab his hat.

"Good morning, Dakota," His Adoptive father handed him his yellow cap.

"Thank you dad" Dakota then stepped out the door and onto his bicycle because He applied to be a paperboy of a couple of months.

He passed London's House and tossed a bag of paper over to her house, "Yeet"

"Ah, Dakota-San arigato"

Dakota nodded to the Japanese speaking girl and cycled all around his town until he got to Evelyn's place. He knocked on the nerd's door.

"Dakota, what brings you here so early?" She asked.

"Oh, uh, you know" He slightly blushed. "Well, I was thinking, would... um, would... would-"

"Would what?"

Would you go out with me? I was thinking of a picnic in the woods, if that sounds alright, It's okay if you rejec-"

Evelyn put her finger on Dakota's Mouth to shush him. "Of course I would." She smiled.

"So uh, what time should I show up?"

"I don't know, 2:30 pm sounds nice."

"Okay, 2:30" He was relived, Missouri was right.

As soon as he returned home, he was overly excited.

"So, wha'd she say?" Missouri asked, pretending that she didn't know what he was about to say.

"She said yes" He smiled as Missouri set his lunch infrot of him. Although Dakota's a pretty good cook, Missouri took his place when He got his part time job.

"What day, you'll need to prepare, y'know"

"Friday, at 2:30, we're going on a picnic in the woods"

"Do you think you'll need help with packing food and your outfit?"

"Yeah, could you help me?"

"Why not?"