Black Rainbows

Days went, and the big day came. Dakota wore a white shirt, a Blue greyish Jean Jacket over it, along with shorts the same color. Black socks and white sneakers.

"Here" Missouri handed him a basket and blanket. "Thoughts of what you're bringing?"

"Um," He walked to the fridge and found some lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots. He then arranged them into a salad. Next, he made some sandwiches for both of them. "Mmm, what else could I take?"

"Uh, berries?"

Dakota nodded and gathered some strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries and put them all in a bag mixed up, looking slightly disappointed in his choice of foods. "Something looks off about this" He packed the food last minute so he couldn't cook any meat or come up with anything creative for the picnic.

The doorbell suddenly rang. He rushed to open it, basket in hand. He opened the door with a dorky smile.

"Hey, Dakota," He saw Evelyn holding her own basket, "So, uh, you ready?"

"Yeh-yeah, I think" He stepped out the door

The two strolled down the path, the sounds of birds chirping ringing in their ears as they chatted about their interests, Evelyn talking about Starwars and Startrek and Dakota talking about Queen.

Evelyn was wearing a yellow skirt and light blue buttoned blouse tucked in. Black shoes with white socks.

The path started getting shaded and Dakota noticed the sound of twigs snapping beneath his feet. He lifted his head to see a cluster of beautiful evergreen trees surrounding him and his date

He opened his basket and spread the blanket that the two sat on. He took out only three items, the only three he packed, Sandwiches, berries, and Salad, reilizin that he had brought no plates or silverware to put it all on.

"Oh" he averted his eyes at his mistake.

Evelyn giggled, "Don't worry, I brought some." She pulled plates, bowls, and silverware and put them on the blanket they were sitting on. She also pulled out cookies, chips, celery sticks, cheese sticks, and hard boiled eggs.

Dakota smiled at how prepared Evelyn was, something that he would never be. He took a sandwich out of the bag and placed it on the plate.

This was gonna be one of the best days of his life.