six

"He has all the netherite armor, a-and the TNT."

We all sat on top of the wall. Our small battle against the Dream Team has ended and we were all exhausted. Tommy and Tubbo sat with Wilbur explaining what happened prior to his arrival.

Eret and I sat further away from the trio. "Are you ever just tired of fighting?" Eret looked at me, setting his shield on the floor. "You've been fighting for your independence for a year right. Aren't you tired? "

Eret looked at me, sighing and pulling his knees up to her chest, resting their head on top. "We're all fighting for something. They're fighting for independence, I'm fighting for power."

"Power?"

"Yeah, independence. Power. Away from Dream were powerful by ourselves."

"That's why you're fighting? For power?"

"Not exactly, I" They took a deep inhale and let out a sigh, "I don't want to have to bury another friend. I've seen too many people go, just because someone was too careless to rule properly. I want the power to keep everyone safe and alive."

I scooted closer to him, "We'll win this Eret. We have each other's backs, you're not going to lose anyone else." I hugged her, feeling guilty.

I've never realized how much they've lost. Everything they have to sacrifice for this war. "Everything's going to be okay." I pull away from Eret and give him a smile. "I'll make sure of it."

。:°ஐ

"You can describe what makes a man strong, but you can't decide what makes a man wise," Wilbur said leaning against the wall. "Dream has these ideals that all of these big words, that he quite doesn't understand, makes him powerful. But it doesn't, you know what we have that he does?" We climbed down the wall as Wilbur continued talking.

"We have a righteous cause, an area to defend. Do you know what he's driven by? Greed. We're driven by the defense of our land."

Wilbur continued his speech as we all sat around the lake.

"No matter what happens, even if he comes and destroys the very hotdog van we live out of. Until the days we stop breathing, that's when L'manberg has fallen."

Eret went into the lake and swam around. I pulled off my mask and followed after him. We floating around listening to Wilbur.

"He can destroy the wall, he can slaughter our friends and family but until we stop breathing and the moment the dream we have of a self-emancipated nation away from the DreamSmp. The minute we let go of that dream that's when he has won."

"Men, are you going to let go of that dream?"

"I WILL NOT LET GO," Tommy yelled, pumping his fist in the air.

"Never!" Tubbo yelled after him. I shook my head signifying a 'no'. Eret swam around in the lake, not giving an answer.

"I want you to strengthen the wall, get yourself prepared. We have a fight in our hands." Wilbur finished his speech and sat down with us.

Tubbo and Tommy clapped their hands.

"L'manberg forever," Eret said floating in the water.

"Oh, he's so cool. I wish he would think about women more." Tommy stopped clapping. "I'm going for a walk."

"Tommy what-"

。:°ஐ

I was inside the van with Wilbur now. It was night time and the rest of L'manberg has gone off to rest. I sat on top of the table and Wilbur was leaning against it. We stayed in comfortable silence, neither of us being able to sleep.