Chapter 5: Civilians

Pagonn Elshires POV:

As soon as the sun was up, we were on our way downstream. For now, everything is quiet. No dangerous predators lurking around the corner or enemy fighters flying over our heads. Sol is still hinking, but at least she appears to be in no more pain and is able to walk on her own. The heat is almost unbearable, but thanks to the river, we have an endless supply of fresh water.

Our rations however are running low. We will have to find some food very soon. Hopefully we will have reached civilisation by then. If not, we can search for some fruits, but only as a last resort. We don't know the flaura of this planet and which plants are atable and which not.

"How are you holding up?" I ask Sol during a break.

"Pretty good, actually. This Bacta can sure work wonders" she says "But if it hurts again, I'll tell you"

"Alright" I give her the last part of my ration. Now we are both out of food, but we have to continue. Further and further.

We force-march  the entire day as good as we can. 12 hours, always staying close to the river.

And still, no sign of life. This is not looking good for us. The only upside is that the sun is still up, so we still have time to can make camp or find some sort of shelter.

But then, suddenly...

"The sea!" Sol shouts out. And indeed, through the treeline, I can see the ocean. We embrace in a hug.

But after we made our way to the beach and have a look around, we realise that it's not over just yet. No ship, outpost or city in sight. But then, I spot a hut in the treeline, overlooking the beach. two fishing boats

I give her a sign to be silent, and we carefully move closer to the hut, with our weapons raised

I give her a sign to be silent, and we carefully move closer to the hut, with our weapons raised. After reaching the house, we press our backs to the wall and slowly move towards the door. I can hear multiple voices inside, speaking in a language I don't understand.

After giving her a nod, we move in...and are suprised to see a family of Nautolans, eating at the table. The heads of two adults and three children stare in our direction.