~My last chance?!~

I was numb.

I couldn't feel anything.

I poisoned myself... for-for Kokichi...?

That was all I could think about.

Is he safe? Did I... actually save him?

Then all of a sudden, I opened my eyes to the sight of a... purple hair boy... Kokichi? Kaito?

"Shuichi! Are- are you okay?" I hear the voice say.

I get my eyes to focus on him and find out Kaito is the one shaking me awake.

We were still where I passed out... then they must've helped me! Which means Kokichi, well, and Kaito are still alive!

"K-Kaito?" I ask, reassuring it's him.

He rubs the back of his neck. "Uhh, yeah... you... remember what happened, don't you?"

I tried to sit up on the floor, but I was too tired, and just managed embarrassing myself.

"Y-Yeah... is Kokichi okay then? Is he really the mastermind?" I ask.

"Huh? Uh yeah, Kokichi, err, he's alive." He tells me. "So, you found that note?"

I repeat my question. "Is he the mastermind?"

Kaito sighs. "No. He used it so it would be easier planning his whole death."

Damnit! So the actual mastermind is still with us and alive!

"B-But why?! I thought he.. he didn't care about us!" I quietly yell out of shock.

"I could ask you the same question, why the hell would you do that?! You could've- you could've died, Shuichi! And you're way more important than Kokichi!"

More important...than Kokichi? Well, sure, I guess Kokichi's a pain in the ass but just because of that doesn't mean he should be more likely to die than me!

"What... did you just say?! Y-You can't say that! You're saying.... you want someone to die because they aren't as useful as the other person?!" I yell out to Kaito.

The room grows silent until I speak up again.

"Where is he?" I ask.

Kaito didn't answer.

"Are you lying? Please f**king tell me he's not actually dead!"

"N-No... it's just... I..." Kaito stutters on his words, which I rarely see him do.

"God damnit, Shuichi! He got shot with poison! E-Even if he didn't get crushed, he still would've died, okay?!"

What?

"K-Kaito... you could've given him the antidote-"

"There was one left idiot! He was this close to dying so I- I had to give it to you! He- He would've already died!" He replies.

"So then... he is dead..."

"He isn't dead.... he just- he's unconscious... and he won't wake up... but... he's probably gonna be dead when we go see him." He tells me.

"W-Wait, then we still have time to save him! We- We just need an antidote-"

"Idiot, Maki only had two."

I freeze in place.

So... there really is nothing we can do about it... it's all just... h o p e l e s s.

"Puhuhuhu! Seems like you guys got caught in a sticky situation!" A squeaky laugh behind me says.

I turn my head to see the stupid bear.

"Shut up! I-It's all your fault! If you hadn't done this stupid f**king killing game, maybe he'd be alive right now! We'd all be alive!" I cry.

Monokuma stared at me for a second and continued laughing.

"B-Besides... if he dies, how are we doing a class trial? We already know Maki technically killed him so..." I turn towards Monokuma. "That isn't fun for you, right?! If we already know the blackened... wouldn't it ruin the whole purpose of a class trial?!"

He thinks for a second. "Hmmmm... I suppose you are right... then okay! I'll save him!"

"Wai- What?" I say, shocked.

Is he actually going to... save Kokichi?

"Yeah... I guess! But don't annoy me or I won't! It's pretty easy cause I've done it so many times so... I'll give you an antidote!"

"Y-You will?!" Kaito asks, as shocked as I am.

"Yup! But hold your horses! It won't be that easy!" He replies, sternly. "I'll keep him alive until midnight, which gives you time to... find an antidote I've hidden around the school!"

An antidote... hidden in the school?

"So... wutcha say?!"