Chapter 35

Angel survived Lily going to the birthday party. Staci just laughed at him when they dropped her off at the woman's house. EZ recognized the woman as one of the girls that Gilly messed with when he picked his niece up. Lily couldn't wait to get home and tell her father all about it. Angel was laying on the couch with AJ. 

"Daddy, guess what?" Lily said as she bounced in the house. 

"What baby?" he asked. 

"I had so much fun."

"That's great baby."

Staci chuckled from the kitchen. EZ had gone in to bug her about what was for dinner. He looked over at her. She shook her head. 

"He's never going to forgive me for giving him a daughter," she said. 

"Just the wrong order," EZ laughed. 

"Right. I guess."

"Lily is never going to let these boys protect her. She is the big sister and they are the little brothers. They don't stand a chance. Your only saving grace will be having another one and it being a girl."

"Not looking for another baby anytime soon."

He nodded. 

"Hoping to get some nieces and nephews to spoil eventually." she said. 

"Yeah me too," he replied. 

"EZ, I didn't mean that like that. I'm sorry."

"No, it's all right. I mean it was kinda my own fault because of going to jail."

"She made a choice for you both. It wasn't a fair one and I'm sorry that she did it."

He nodded. Angel walked into the kitchen. He looked at his wife and his brother. He shook his head. 

"I swear she wasn't supposed to be born first," he said. 

"Sorry babe," Staci replied. 

"It's all good. I still love the little monster though."

Staci nodded. He moved over to her and put his arms around her. She kissed his cheek. 

"You'll always be her hero," she said. 

"I know babe," he replied. 

He sighed. Staci smiled at him. He went to get Matteo when he began to fuss. She stopped what she was doing to prepare the bottles that were about to be needed. The kids were on a schedule and she was thankful for that. He came into the room to get the bottles. EZ moved to help his brother feed the three babies. 

"I wonder about it sometimes," EZ said. 

"What?" Angel asked. 

"How different my life would be if Emily hadn't aborted our baby?"

"Bro, I'm sorry. I don't know what I would have ever done if Staci had chosen not to have one of these kids. I honestly worried about it with the twins. I thought that was going to be our downfall and the end of us. I am thankful for my family and obviously that wasn't the right woman to have your child."

EZ nodded. He had every intention of calling that friend of Staci's to see what was going to happen there. Jessa had a child already and he knew it but he was all right with that. 

"You think I got a shot with Jessa?" he asked. 

"Yeah I do. I think she likes you and she's always asking about you." Angel said. 

EZ nodded. Angel smiled at his wife as she walked out of the kitchen. She smiled back at him. 

"Dinner's done," she said. 

"All right babe, they're almost done," he said. 

They had to ride out later that night for Templo. Angel was ready to get out of the house for a bit and around other people. EZ had been texting Jessa all afternoon. They were going to meet up later that night. Jessa's little boy was at his grandmother's for the night. EZ was surprised that she was so willing to meet up with him. Angel glanced over at his brother as they walked into the meeting room. 

"You coming back to the house?" Angel asked. 

"Nah man, heading out to meet Jessa so I'll probably go back to Pop's place or the motorhome tonight," he said. 

Angel nodded. He went back to the house afterward and grinned when he realized that his kids were all in bed. Staci was laying on the couch. He moved over and lay on top of her. She laughed a bit as he began to kiss down her face and neck. 

"Babe, let's go to our room," she said. 

"All right," he stood up and picked her up off the couch. 

He carried her to their room to take his time with her. Just as he got to their bedroom door, he heard little footsteps in the hallway. 

"Daddy," Lily appeared in their doorway. 

Angel was thankful they both still had clothes on. He looked over at his daughter. 

"What princess?" he asked. 

"Scary dream." Lily said. 

He got up from the bed and moved over to his daughter. He calmed her down and waited until she was asleep on her bed again. He then made his way back to his wife. She smiled as he came back in the room. She pulled him into a kiss. He tangled his hands in her hair.