Chapter 1

Mimi's POV

I suppose to be excited about turning sixteen but actually I'm not. You can she I'm a little off, but you'll understand why. I think my childhood has taking a very bad affect on me, and my family just makes it worst. My family loves to compare me to my sister, nisha. Nisha was always making good grades and never got suspended throughout her whole time in school. Then there's me, I made good grades but my family never cared so much. I also got into fights (with mostly boys) and cursed the teachers. I was a rough little girl. I remember when I use to fight my 4th grade teacher. I had serious problems. When my family compare me and my sister it made me feel not important. I never really had that many friends my age, most of my friends were Nisha's friends. Now, let me remind you me and Nisha are five years apart. So I was the baby out the crew. Can you just imagine a five year old hanging out with ten and eleven year olds. I didn't mind but I don't think they mind either. My sister use to make us walk the long way home, just so we can walk with the crew. There's one thing I never understood, why were Nisha's friends so different from her. They were like me, bad. They fight and got suspended, but my sister never judged them for it.

Nisha's POV

Mimi was a bad little girl, but she was just so cute. Our family always compared her to me. They always wanted her to be like me. They never noticed her good grades but I did. Mimi use to hang wit me and the crew. I was cool with it, because Mimi acted older then her age. Mimi was very independent for a five year old. Mimi was so adorable, I remember on her fifth birthday she thought she was going to be four forever because she didn't have a cake nor candles to blow out. You can also say Mimi and me didn't really have that much supervision. We did stay with our grandma but that's because our mom was a crack head who lives in the streets. Our mom was in and out of jail, and left it up to grandma to take care of us. My grandma also paid for my mother's house  so when she finally did get her shit together, she would have a house.