Chapter 51

————————————————————————
📖Thank you for supporting my work
Don't forget to comment and enjoy your reading 📖
————————————————————————

Evie and Jacob were at the headquarters, the young master was standing, Jacob was waiting for Wilfred seated, anxious, his hand kept shaking.

"I tried to explain it to you."

"Good for you, sis, one more point." Clap ironically.

"This is not a competition, Jacob, it is now a bigger threat than we thought. London is in danger again. "

"And do you think that this would not have happened if we had not prevented it? Since the day the Schreiber Ludwig arrived this was predestined, we could not have predicted it. "

"Jacob, I know. But it's not just his brother that I'm talking about. The box you brought yesterday did you know what it contains? "

"Kind of a valuable piece, I don't know, I don't care if you want to know."

"It is not just any piece, it is a piece of Eden." Jacob looks stunned at Evie and starts to get angry.

"Oh, I get it! That is why you are so suddenly interested in them. " Jacob gets up and walks towards his sister. "It's because of the piece, isn't it? It's always about the fucking pieces of Eden! Aren't you interested in anything else then that ?! "

"This is the priority of the assassins, Jacob ..."

"What abou the rest ?! The Rooks, Henry. Yesterday McGee and Genevieve died for a cause and all you care about is the goddamn pieces of Eden! " Someone knocks on the door, they both look at it. Jacob runs up to it and opens it in this he sees a fragile and delicate Wilfred, the blond boy walks in standing in front of Jacob who closes the door, the two look at each other for a few seconds, Jacob was incredulous to see Wilfred and the boy was so scared he didn't know if he was able to handle all this, his friend just asked for a hug. The two fall into a warm embrace, Jacob happy to learn that Wilfred was fine and Wilfred out of desperation to be alone. Evie looks at the two and realizes how strong their friendship was. "You're alive!"

"Yes, for now. But I will have to return tomorrow to Ulrich and the rest of the order. " He takes a deep breath. "They are looking for the piece I gave you. The piece in my possession is... "

"An apple of Eden." Evie says with her arms crossed.

"How do you know Miss Frye?"

"Our majesty transmitted it to me. She told me about the meeting between her and your father. " take a deep breath. "Where are your sister and your mother?"

"They left for Oxford this morning, stayed at my mother's brother's house."

Evie nods. "I think that for now you need to rest Wilfred, you stay here with us tonight, you are protected here, don't worry. We are thinking about transferring the piece to the train and investigating it there. "

"It is an excellent idea." Looking up at Evie, the boy is somewhat attracted to the young assassin, her intelligence impressed him.

"But now I think you better go take a shower, you stay in the room on the right upstairs."

"Thanks." The boy looks at Jacob and heads to the second floor.

In the bathtub Wilfred with his eyes closed relax, he remembers some visions that the apple gave him and starts to get tense by opening his eyes and checking that everything was fine. In the bedroom Wilfred wears his shirt, someone knocks on the door.

"Yes?" Jacob opens it. "Jacob, you can come in." The assassin enters and closes the door.

"Why did you never tell me anything about the apple?"

"It was not an issue that you had to worry about, until now. I'm sorry if I never mentioned it. "

"You don't have to apologize, Wilfred. I understand, there are things we cannot determine, if I were to blame you, I would have to blame your father too, there are repercussions that happen without us being aware of them and there is nothing we have to do, we have to accept human error." Jacob chuckles. "It was a friend of mine who told me that."

Wilfred smiles. "Thank you, Jacob."

"Why, you know I would do anything for you."

The two are silent.

"We never had a chance to talk about what happened."

Jacob remembers. "And there's no need, Wilfred, I just apologize for the way I reacted, you were right."

"But you too, I led you into an emotional game that I didn't even know I was doing."

"I understand."

"But your feelings remain, am I not sure?" Look at Jacob.

"I can't do anything about it, I'm not the one who controls that part of me. But our friendship is more important than all of that, I prefer it that way. " Jacob smiles.

"Of course." Wilfred smiles back happy and relieved. Wilfred looks at the desk in his room and notices his book. "How did you manage to get my book here?"

"Just as we went to get your clothes, Carson was very helpful. I thought it would be better to bring the book too, you have things about the apple that are valuable, don't you? It is better to keep this away from your brother. "

"Thank you."

"You don't have to." With his hands in his pockets Jacob looks at Wilfred who smiled at him again in such an affable way, the boy would lose for a few minutes in his delicate and charming smile. "Well, we're downstairs."

"Right." Jacob opens the door and leaves, leaving Wilfred watching the sunset from the bedroom window.