𖧷Chapter Twenty 𖧷

"Today's the day." You sighed. Leorio found a woman to go to see the fireworks and you two got along well.

"Here's the dress Y/n!" Leorio settled in on your bed. "I'll be going with Mary now!" He smiled.

"Thank you!" You said. (The dress on the top)
You wore a white beautiful dress with flat black formal shoes. You had your hair down with a small flower pin on it.

You looked yourself in the mirror. "Wow... I actually look good today!" You laughed at yourself. You walked to the nearby park. Many people were getting ready for tonight. People had picnics, masks and women wore beautiful dresses and men wore masks with their loved ones.

The food smelled delicious and the children ran. You walked through the crowds. "Y/n!" A voice called out to you.

You saw Yuchiro walking towards you. He wore a hoodie which was unusual for him to wear. But you shrugged it off.

"Hey!"
"You want some candy? They sell a lot here." He gave you a lollipop. You thanked him and you two walked around.
"You look so elegant." He said.

"Thank you, I actually tried to look my best today." It was only a few hours before the fireworks.

You two laughed, ate a lot, and bought lots of things in under 30 minutes. Yuchiro told you that you should find a place for you two to sit to look at the fireworks. He also said that he's going to buy a mask for himself.

Before he did that he hugged you very tight.
"Oh, Yuchiro what's wrong?" You asked awkwardly.
"I'm just going to miss you a lot... thank you for today." He said.

You smiled at him and left to look for a spot. You decided to sit near the river where you two first met. You got settled down on the grass and patiently waited for him. You thought about Kurapika for a moment.

You wondered what he would be doing right now. Then you turned around.

You're pov:
I saw Yuchiro wave at me. He wore a bunny mask with his hood over his head. "You here! So what do you want to do? It's only three hours before it starts." I said looking at my phone.

"I don't know... maybe go to the games and win!" He said. I nodded and we both raced to the games. I won a teddy bear and he won other games too. We got cotton candy. I mean only I did.

He didn't want to eat. "Hey, why don't you take the bunny mask off?" I reached my hand out to him and he immediately grabbed my wrist.

"No, I'm okay. I'll take it off when the fireworks start." Yuchiro let go of me. His voice now that I'm realizing sounds different.

"So, um. About Kurapika have you spoke to him yet?"

"No. Not yet. He hasn't texted me though. I guess he's still busy with his job. Maybe I should text him then." I began searching through my purse.

"No. No!"
"Why not? You know, you acting strange today. You okay?" I said.

"Yes, I am. It's just he needs the one to text you. If he really would want you he'd call you. He might still deeply love you and would want to see you right now. He probably feels so guilty." Yuchiro said with a low tone.

"Your right. I want to forgive him. I love him so much. Like I can't even explain it. When I first met him, he was such a gentleman. He was so kind and friendly." At that moment Yuchiro stayed silent staring at me. He acted strangely. Then we saw groups of people having supplies.

"Oh, that's the fireworks we should get going!" Yuchiro said. We both walked over to our spot. It was quiet and lonely. It was just the two of us.

We both sat down. "Y/n can I tell you something?"

"Yea. But first, take off your mask." I tried to take it off. But he backed away. He held my hands and put them down. In the corner of my eyes, I could see the fireworks shooting into the sky.

He slowly lifted his mask to his lips and as soon as he got close to me I put my finger on his lips.

"I'm sorry, but I don't feel the same way," I said.

Boom!

Yuchiro stayed silent. He lifted his whole mask and kissed me. In fact, it wasn't him at all...

"Kurapika!?" Yuchiro saw the stranger. It started to lightly rain. "Your Y/n's ex." He said.

"Yes, I am. I wanted to talk to you."
"What do you want with her?"

Kurapika put his hoodie down. "I want to get back with her. I want your help."

"I'm not helping you break her heart are you crazy?"
"Please Yuchiro." Yuchiro started to walk away. Kurapika grabbed his shoulder.

"I don't know what your intentions are with Y/n but don't take her away from me. I love her so much. I'd do anything to see her one more time." Kurapika eyes began forming tears.

Yuchiro froze as he stared at him.

"You have the looks and your kind and Y/n may leave me soon. I hurt her so much that I didn't even know what was I doing. Please help me!" He wiped his tears as more tears went down his cheeks.

Yuchiro leaned down to Kurapika.
"You know, she still loves you a lot."
-

I saw strands of blond hair coming out. He let me go and stared deep through my eyes.

"Kurapika?" He made a small smile. My eyes started to water. I looked away from him.

"I waited for this moment. Y/n I love you a lot. Forgive me. I hate myself for hurting you." Kurapika said caressing my cheek.

"Please not now... How did you get here?" I wiped my tears.

"Y/n, it only matters to me that you're here. With me. In my arms." Kurapika whispered hugging you tightly.

"I still love you a lot."
"And so do I."
.
.
.
.
.
.

A/n:
I'm so sad, only a few more chapters till the book ends😫🤸🏻‍♂️Lol I'm also thinking of making a Yandere Kurapika fanfic too 😎