𝖁𝖊𝖓𝖔𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖘

【Chapter Seventeen】

【Chapter Seventeen】

🀢 🀣 🀥

Ariel boredly twisted her pencil between her fingers as she watched Finstock drone on about their midterm exact. The chocolate-haired Martin already knew that she and her sister would pass, as the unit had been easy. Speaking of the strawberry blond, Ariel noted that her sister had been oddly normal after their emotional session in the car. She had even tried to bring up the entire situation to the older Martin later, but she acted as if it never happened.

The brunette didn't question it as much as she should have. It had given her a source of calamity amongst all the chaos that was becoming her life. Without Lydia freaking out about the weird shit in their lives, Ariel could finally be with one person who won't bring up kanima or alpha pack drama very second. Plus, she didn't want her sister to know about all of that.

"Alright, listen up," Coach shouted, pointing at Scott in particular. "Quick warning before we begin our review. Some of you, like McCall, might want to start your own study groups because tomorrow's midterm is so profound," he emphasized, "difficult, I'm not even too sure I could pass it," the middle-aged man shook his head in disbelief.

Ariel sighed amongst the universal groans in her class before boredly doodling in her notebook. The girl's eyes began to blur as she just began to write utter nonsense on the page, not caring to see what it meant.

"Okay, I need a volunteer at the board to answer the first question," Finstock shouted, causing Ariel's hand to go up on reflex.

The only good thing that had come from their werewolf attack was the twin's decision to no longer pretend to be someone they aren't. Lydia was still working on that, but Ariel could see how she was trying.

"Let's go, buddy," Finstock pointed to a boy wearing a black leather jacket and a bandana causing Ariel to drop her hand.

The pale-eyed girl slightly tilted her head to her left side as she began to hear Stiles and Scott whispering amount themselves. Her eyebrows furrowed as she began to wonder what they were talking about with Jackson of all people, but she wasn't the only one to notice they were talking.

"Jackson!" Coach Finstock spat, walking between their desks. "Do you have something you want to share with the rest of the class?"

"Um..." Jackson stammered, looking up at the board before giving up and turning back to Coach with a bullshit grin. "Just an undying admiration for... My coach."

Finstock scoffed, "that's really kind of you." He paused, a giddy smile falling on his lips. "Now shut up! Shut it! Anybody else?"

Lydia and Ariel both raised their hands once again when this time Finstock choose Lydia causing the younger Martin to give up on participating for the day. She wasn't going to be called, and at this point, she didn't care enough to try again.