The Rescue

"It's time." I said, staring at the map laid out on the folding table we set up next to the sniper position. It's been a another three months since Mary traded herself, walking into her own personal hell. And finally, I will take her back and kill John for good.

"Get the troops into position." Katie radioed to Damon and Elijah, "He'll be right down."

I walked over to the recruits, Sam, who was our sniper for this mission, and Ally, his spotter.

"If anything goes wrong, radio us. Don't shoot if necessary, we would like to keep a low profile until we breach the house."

"Yes sir." They said. I nodded at Katie, who was staying up here to keep watch over everyone, and trucked down the small hill where our group was waiting, and then walked together to our position at the edge of the tree line.

"Team 3, ready." Elijah's voice broke over the radio. His team was to the east, waiting to jump the three guards on that wall.

"Team 2, ready." Damon lead that team, on the west wall, waiting just like Elijah's team.

"Team 1, ready." I whispered.

"Make the silent kills when your ready." Katie commanded. As soon as the guard I was supposed to take down was in front of me, I snuck out of the dark safety of the trees and wrapped a hand around his mouth, quickly stabbing my knife in his throat. I dropped him and saw the other two recruits doing the same thing.

"Guards down to the west."

"Same to the east.

"Guards down to the north."

"Go to next step when ready." I couldn't help but feel this was some kind of song, each of us playing our parts in time.

Two recruits from each team had backpacks that held all the supplies we may have needed. The two recruits from my team stepped forward, pulling out two rope ladders that the threw up to the top of the wall. They carefully scaled them, and held them for the rest of us as we climbed up.

The wall was two feet thick, just enough to stand on and look over without being too obvious. Down inside the wall were a group of three guards. We'd have to do this just right in order to keep them quiet when we go for the kill. I motioned to three of the recruits, and told them to jump down farther up the wall so they were hidden behind to bushes, and then sneak up.

They nodded, running up the wall and jumping down as quietly as possible. I watched as they inched closer to the guards, and waited for the one closest to them to turn away before jumping out and stabbing them just like the first guards.

I jumped down the wall, making sure we were all safe on the other side.

"Katie, team 1 is inside."

"Team 2 is inside too."

"Team 3 ready to hit the guard station."

"Okay, teams 4 and 5 move up to the wall. Wait till team 3 breaches the guard station and then jump over."

"Got it. In position." Those teams were on the other side of our wall, they would help guard the outside while the first three teams went inside to get Mary.

"Katie, it's oddly quiet. The guard station only had one guard in it, and I thought there would be guards walking the perimeter of the house." Elijah said. My heart jumped into my throat, the anticipation was making me fidget on my feet.

"Yes, it's supposed to be busier, what's going on?"

"He knows we're coming." I said, rubbing the sweat of my face. "They're probably all in the house. There's no way we'll be going in silently."