0.5

"Welcome to detention. Taehyung, Seokjin, Jimin, Yoongi, Namjoon, Hoseok, and... Jungkook. That's quite a list I've got here, ain't it? 

"No talking, no eating -- I'm talking to you Mr. Kim Namjoon, no lollipops -- and no trying to leave. Don't speak unless you are spoken to. That is, unless you went to spend the rest of your Saturdays tidying up the storage closet."

-

Jungkook let his eyes flutter open to the sight of the cloudy sky shining a bright white glow in his eyes. He groaned and turned onto his other side, feeling the need to escape the hollow light, and scooted his limp body further away from the uncovered window. 

He suddenly jolted back to his original sleeping spot when he felt himself lean into something warm and very much alive. Jungkook peaked his eyes from under the crisp sheet that he had wrapped around himself for warmth to see Yoongi laying next to him on the small, but still roomy, bed. 

Jungkook sighed in relief and let his body fall back onto the bed, his head comfortably hitting the lumpy pillow. His head flopped carelessly to the side to observe Yoongi calmly sleeping with his lips slightly parted, letting soft breaths escape, and his chest slowly rising up and down. He looked serene in Jungkook's eyes, with the soft pale light framing his round face. 

Back in their school days, Namjoon used to jokingly call Yoongi "Mandu-hyung," making a point of Yoongi's round dumpling-like face. Most of their friends laughed along with Namjoon at Yoongi's annoyed glare, but Jungkook would smile and think that if Yoongi were a dumpling, he was the cutest one ever.

"Jungkook?" Yoongi's raspy voice broke him out of his thoughts and memories of their past days together. Jungkook turned his head in surprise to meet Yoongi, who sat up in the bed still blinking tiredly at the morning light.

"Hmm?" Jungkook hummed back in response, clarifying that he was awake despite still staring up at the ceiling.

"Did you sleep well?" Yoongi asked. "You seemed so wiped out that you just fell asleep."

Jungkook muttered a small sorry, worried that his crying-induced sleep had burdened Yoongi, but Yoongi merely waved him off and said he had never seen Jungkook sleep so well. 

When all of the boys used to sleep over at Namjoon's small trailer, which he called home ever since 5th grade, Jungkook would often be the last to fall asleep and the first to find himself awake.

"Do you want anything for breakfast?" Yoongi asked, getting out of the bed and attempting to brush out the wrinkles from his plain white tee-shirt and faded jeans. "I can go out and buy something, as long as it's under $10. I wish I could get you something more filling, but your hyung's on a budget."

Jungkook laughed at Yoongi's embarrassment and shook his head. "I'm ok hyung. I'm not that hungry."

"Bullshit, you must be hungry," Yoongi rolled his eyes, letting the curse roll easily off his tongue. "I can go and get some instant rice porridge and warm it up here. It's not that much, but it should fill you up."

"I guess there's no arguing with you," Jungkook gave in, realizing there was no point in protesting that he wasn't hungry. In truth, his stomach did feel quite empty, but he knew how tight money was for Yoongi. "But I want to go with you to the store. I need fresh air."

Yoongi nodded and slipped on his boots as Jungkook, still clothed in his school uniform from the day before, got out of bed and slipped on his shoes as well. 

Yoongi looked at Jungkook's practically torn apart shoes and laughed, making a mental note to save enough piano tips to buy a nice new pair of sneakers, the trendy kind, for Jungkook's birthday. He'd have to try and get ahold of Hoseok again, he would know what the kids are into these days.