Dean

"Shouldn't they be back by now?" I asked Sam curiously leaning my head against his shoulder as a crappy comedy played on the equally shitty motel television. "Any minute now probably" he assured wrapping his arm around me and pressing his lips to my temple. "You shouldn't worry so much, it's not good for you sweetheart." He murmured tucking a strand of hair behind my ear "You guys leave me in these nasty motels so much, it's all I can do" I shrugged leaning up and pressing our lips together. I pulled away from him just as the door to the room opened, both our heads snapping to look. My jaw dropping almost instantly "Dean" I cried as he walked into the motel room, dried and fresh blood running down his forehead and staining his face. "What the hell happened?" Sam asked John as he came in free of any wounds and looking like he had sunshine and daisies shoved up his ass. I shot to my feet and made a bee line for Dean trying to see what the damage was through all the blood coating his skin. "Come here" I murmured softly dragging Dean by the hand into the bathroom as Sam set about interrogating John. "What happened to you?" I asked softly closing and locking the door behind me as he sat on the toilet with a grunt. "Don't worry about it" he muttered peeling his jacket off his arms and dropping it in the tub before his flannel and t-shirt followed. His midsection littered with bruises and cuts that were still oozing as he moved. "It's impossible to not worry, you're a disaster and John came back without a scratch." I growled grabbing a wash rag and wetting it, gently wiping away the blood so I could see the extent of the damage. "If I tell you, you have to SWEAR you won't say anything to John or Sam" he sighed flinching as the rough cloth swiped over one of the deeper looking wounds. "Okay" I nodded pausing in my cleaning to look him in the eyes "Pinkie promise me Ashley." He ordered seriously holding up his pinkie until I curled mine around his and slightly shook "Pinkie promise" I whispered never breaking eye contact as he took a deep breath before beginning his story. 

"I don't know what happened, one second we were salting and getting ready to burn the first body and the next thing I know I'm being ganged up on by the two ghosts and John just" he paused shaking his head as if he still couldn't believe it "He just stood there and watched." He whispered as the voices in the other room grew louder followed by the door slamming shut and Sam swearing loudly before it went silent. "I swear to god he smiled at one point Ash, like he was getting some sick satisfaction out of it." He continued his tale, my heart pounding and ears ringing as he kept talking "When I finally set the bodies on fire and asked him what the hell that was he told me I deserved it" he growled angrily my heart plummeting "When I asked him what the hell that meant he just laughed and said never mind" he finished lowly, the only noise between us the sound of my breathing and the faint murmur of the television beyond our little haven. "What the hell" I whispered softly not sure what else to say at the events that had taken place on their hunt. "I don't know babe. I want you to be careful though. Stick to hunts with Sam." He murmured running a blood covered hand down my face. "I don't want to believe that John would hurt you but who knows what he'll do now" he whispered both of us going silent as I finished wiping away the blood coating his face and torso. "No stitches, you'll just have to be careful for the next few days" I murmured getting to my feet and wringing the rag out in the sink, trying to slow the thoughts in my head as I rinsed the blood from the cloth. "Try not to worry about it baby girl." Dean suddenly murmured, arms wrapping around me from behind, our eyes locking through the mirror above the sink. "How can you say that Dean? Look what he let happen to you" I cried quietly trying not to alert the man outside the bathroom to anything happening in here. "It was one time Ash, I can't be sure he wasn't under some weird ghost spell or something" he shrugged, my eyebrow arching as I turned to look at him, my arms crossing over my chest in irritation. "You're right, except for the fact that ghost spells aren't real. We would've come across something like this happening long before now if they were" I sassed pushing him back and moving to leave the bathroom only for him to yank me to a stop and push me back first against the door.