The things you love most

Just as I woke up Henry burst into my room ready for school already? I glare at him as he knows I don't like him entering my room like that. "Sorry.i know sorry" he says but he sounds panicked.

"Hey calm down what's up?"

"The book- it's missing" I jump out of my bed "um sorry what?" If mom has the book then we're gonna have problems, big problems. She's the evil queen, she cursed everyone here and erased their memories, although obviously she remembers.

God knows what she would do if she had the book. I went and got ready for school in the bathroom so Henry could stay there and Just as we were going to look for the book mom comes in with an unreadable expression.

"The missing pages where are they?" Wow that was blunt and Wait that means she's got the book...

"It's an old book, stuff goes missing. Why do you care?" I ask her knowing full well why

"I care because you think I'm some evil queen. And that hurts me, I'm your mother" really ? You don't act like it.

"No your not" he says moving away from her.

"Well, then, who is? That woman you brought here? I don't like what she or this book is doing to you, either of you. Thankfully both are no longer an issue." Wait what does she mean? Whilst I was wondering about what she meant I heard the clock chime. We leave the room while she's distracted with the clock.

"Things are changing Henry" I say with a small smile.

"Yea it's cause Emma's here, she just needs to believe" Emma? Is that her name?

"Is that our birth mom? I haven't gotten a first name for her yet?" He just nods "I think I'll stick to swan" we both laugh slightly as we arrive at granny's.

Henry and I walked to granny's like we usually did after school and went to our usual booth for when we're together. Ruby comes over and i feel guilty about yesterday  I'll speak to her about that in a minute away from Henry.

"Hey guys, 2 hot chocolates with cinnamon?"  I notice swan sitting at the counter so I ask for three instead and get confused glances

"One for the blondie swan at the counter" I tell her, she nods then goes to get the drinks.

"Are you giving her a chance?" Henry asks with hope in his eyes.

"Yea, I told her she has one chance. I don't know why, I don't like her or trust her but I suppose if she's gonna try and I won't get ignored by her like mom does then sure why not give her a chance"

"Mom ignores you? When?" I just sigh and look away. He doesn't even notice which shouldn't bother me cause we're only ten and I shouldn't think or feel what I do but what can I do about it?

Ruby comes back with two of the hot chocolates after a few minutes of silence

"thanks rubes, actually can I talk to you a moment?" I just wanted to make sure we were good still. She nods and we go to the end of the counter.

"What's up Jo"

"Um I just wanted to apologise for yesterday, I know you don't want me to get Ill. and I know I might but, I'm eating dinner and I'm fine. You don't need to worry" she probably should but I'm not gonna stop until I'm a child that mom can love.

"I know you don't want me to worry but I'm gonna. It's not healthy I mean look at how skinny you are!" Fair "just please try eating more often"