3.

His fingers were lined with rings, and they reached out to her. Her body began to shiver. Her wand was held at him, his face looking peaceful, yet hurt. Though, she knew he would blame himself.

'It's my fault.' She could almost hear his voice. Though, he was wrong. Her mark was her doing. And, she knew he was playing around with her response in his head. He thought of those words leaving her lips, it broke him. His slender hand fell gently upon her face, and the shock under his touch buckled her knee caps. Her wand had lowered. The boy had fallen with her. Their eyes screamed out apologies, though, not a word would be spoken.

Her curls were messy, her heart playing a dangerous game. She would melt under his touch. This wasn't how this was supposed to happen. He has become a liability. Though, she knew she had not meant it. All she wanted right then and there was to plant a kiss on his lips. She pleaded for his touch, and yet, she forbid herself from having it.

Regrettably, she pulled away from his hand.

--

Clove's footsteps were heavy, her body swaying under her strides. It has been months now, since the troll. And yet, Malfoy was still being a right out prick. She would huff. She was tired of his treatment, and, as he sat in the library with his two goons, she stood behind him, pressing her finger into the tender part of his neck.

He would jump out of his chair fiercely, anger apparent in his expression. He curled his lip up, holding his hand out to keep Crabbe and Goyle seated where they were.

"Your hands are filthier than your blood, Cohen. I don't remember giving you the right to lay them on me." His words spewed venom, though, Clove wouldn't let it get to her.

"My blood is hardly any dirtier than yours. Your family is a long line of inbreeding, Malfoy, I wouldn't swear so proudly on your title." Clove's lips danced with her words. A small smirk pulling at her lips. Malfoy sent her a dirty look before letting it curl into a crooked, satisfied smile. Though Clove was confused, his eyes traveled behind her head, and she had turned around. Right behind her was a greasy-haired, hooked nosed, potions professor.

"A week's detention, Cohen." Professor Snape looked downwards, his expression unreadable.

--

Lira's smile was contagious as Fred was opposite her, holding an invisible fishing line. It was hard for them to keep a straight face as they pulled the string tightly, sending Clove and George falling flat in the hallway outside the courtyard. Behind them rattled a fit of laughter, Lira and Fred high-fiving as their muggle prank had worked. No doubt Lira told Fred about it, but, Clove couldn't help but let her lips split as a rumble of laughter had built in her chest. Awkwardly realizing she had fallen on top of George, her face grew pink and she pushed herself off.

"Yikes! Sorry about that, mate." She smiled, knowing George wouldn't make it a big deal. Once she had reached her feet, her smile had disappeared as Ron had walked up with Harry and Hermione. It wasn't like Clove hated the trio, she just didn't prefer them.

Ron would eye the two Slytherins, it was obvious he had low standards for them, not to mention her laughing at Draco's cruel remark before they had all been rightfully sorted.

Fred and George had traveled over towards Ron, roughing up his fiery hair. Ron was squirming under their clutch, all while Lira and Clove stood awkwardly.

"I heard you have been standing up to Malfoy- if that's what you'd even call that." Hermione narrowed her eyes at Clove. Turning to Lira, Clove sent her a confused look, clearing her throat, she would address Hermione.