Close Call

It opened with a loud creak, I dropped it. I did a quick scan around to make sure nobody was around or able to hear me, thank god nobody was.

I sighed with relief, opened the exit all the way and looked down. It was completely dark, nothing but a very faint red light shining and a long black ladder leading down it.

"Nice and easy now, Nala. Nice and easy..." I said out loud.

Quickly I grabbed my things, threw them over my shoulder and headed down the ladder into complete darkness. Soon as I hit the first step, I slipped but caught myself just in time.

"Gah! That was way to close!"

My heart raced as I reached my free hand up and closed the emergency exit, closing it tight, I sighed.

I'm in!

Step by step I made my way down to the ladder, it felt like it'd could go on forever, but then my foot hit the cement ground and I was down. I crouched down again, dug through my purse but was met with clothes, lock picks, a small knife, my phone and my high heels.

I smacked my forehead, "Damn it, Nala! How could you forget a flashlight..."

I dropped my hand and reached for my phone instead.

"Guess this'll have to do... Alright, next phase, finding one of the two breaker boxes." I said quietly.

I shut my purse tight, threw it over my shoulder again and shined my phone light. I was surrounded by brick, dust, dirt and who knows what else. Slowly, I crept around the floor trying to find any sort of light or even stairs.

I turned my phone light to the right then and I was met with a line of yellow light.

"Yes! It's got to be a door, it has too." I said again and ran to it.

I was right, it was a door and right next to it, was one of the breaker boxes.

I smirked, "Score! This helps me a lot!"

I placed my skateboard and tennis shoes next to it, nobody comes in here anyway unless it's absolutely necessary, and I'll be gone before they can even ask what happened.

I put my purse down again as I sat down and reach in it for my strappy, black high heels. I took them out, strapped them on and stood back up. I reached down into it one more time, grabbed out my small knife and lock pick and closed it back up.

"Okay, let's see what I'm going to be dealing with to get out without being questioned..."

I inched closer to the door and put my ear up against it. Voices erupted throughout the the floor I was on, all deep and strong. It was the gang leaders and their posies.

Damn! This is going to be a bit difficult...

I reached for the door handle and jiggled it, and of course it was locked. I sighed heavily and started to pick the lock, it opened with a click. I put the lock pick back in my purse and stashed my knife into my dress between my breasts to hide it.

I turned the handle and opened the door just a crack. I peered my eyes out into the yellow light, nearly blinding myself. I quickly looked away then back and let my eyes adjust.

There were five people with their backs to the door, all of them had a gun on them, it was so obvious. I shut the door again and crossed my arms.

"Fuck!" I shouted quietly.

My only option is to sneak out! Damn...

I took a deep breath and reached for the handle again. I flung it open as quick as I could, slid out and shut the door tight behind me. My heart was racing, I had to lean against the wall to support myself. That's when I felt someone behind me, I spun around.