epilogue

GENERAL POV

nina looked out on the world from the distance of her balcony, inhaling the sweet, ocean air. the palm trees waved slightly with the warm breeze, while the waves lapped lazily in her sight line. the petite brunette couldn't help but sigh at the overwhelming feeling of happiness that filled her heart. she was in hawaii, on her balcony at one in the morning, after one of the most important days of her life, simply enjoying the quiet solitude. 

the breeze ruffled nini's yellow sundress in just the slightest of motions, making a small giggle escape the girl's lips as her fingers found the trim, holding it down against her legs. her brown hair still held their curly locks from early in the day, a few springs of babies breath sticking out of random places. her heart still seemed to race the same speed that whole day; her breath still seemed to leave her just for a second whenever she thought over the events of the day; her face still seemed to smile slightly of gratitude as it all finally sunk in. 

grabbing her new journal she had gotten as a gift, nini opened the first page and wrote down the six words that had been on her mind the past hours. 

Today, I married my best friend. 

her eyes teared up slightly as she read over the words again and again. today, she married her best friend. she truly couldn't believe it. after being in love for sixteen year, they were finally together. all that they had planned when they were teenagers, and maybe even before that, coming to life right before their eyes. it was like a dream come true; their own little perfect miracle. 

nini laughed to herself as she continued to write in this new journal, remembering the way her now husband got down on one knee only about three weeks after reconnecting with her after four years. she smiled, remembering the way she launched herself into his arms before he even had time to get up, repeating the word 'yes' over and over again. and lastly, she sighed happily, remembering the way he kissed her tenderly, sliding her beautiful, amethyst ring onto her finger, because he knew that she wouldn't want her ring to be nearly identical to the woman next to her. so, her unique, purple ring sat perfect on her finger, next to her butterfly ring on her middle and her wedding band ring above it. she couldn't ask for a lot more than that. 

gently, she ran her index finger over the gem, feeling it's cold metal against the pad of her finger. she thought over everything that had happened so quickly after he proposed. the way she found her wedding dress at a thrift shop, getting fabric paints at the same place. she really made that dress her own; from the golden designed on the trim, to the transparent sleeves with little, fabric stars littering the mesh, it screamed her name in every way possible. that had always been something she wanted to do with her wedding dress. there wasn't a point of wearing one if it really didn't fit her. she wanted her dress to basically be herself but fabric, and that was exactly what she got. 

the wedding had been an absolute dream. free from the press, filled with love ones and friends, and the couple singing to each other sweetly as they slow danced the night away. another thing that she loved about it was that it was all star themed, because that just fit them so well. from watching the stars under the open sky, to being stars themselves, there was no possible wedding theme that could be better than that for them. little, twinkling lights cover the ceiling and the walls of where the reception took place, the big and bright moon being easy to see right out the window. it was everything that the couple had dreamed it to be and more. 

nini's heart fluttered as she thought of the way her head relaxed perfectly onto her husband's chest as the slow dance in the middle of the room; all caught up in their little world and they couldn't love it more. may i have this dance from high school musical 3 blasted through the speakers as the two of them waltz around the space for the first time married.