Ch: 17 Breaking News

Art by PrincessFairy, you can find her work on Tumblr under the name punziella or click the link http://punziella.tumblr.com/post/139224125327/todays-warm-up

I got back to the bakery to see a few people in the front of the bakery waiting for their orders so I rush behind the counter and pull out my favorite apron and start to fill orders. One by one the orders get filled and soon the bakery is empty. I hop into the back to see my parents not only finishing some orders but cooking our thanksgiving meal for tomorrow.

"Hello maman" I say walking over to the tray of macaroons that were being frosted.

"Oh hello dear, could you pass me the powder sugar?" I handed her one of the many one pound bags stored in the walk in pantry just off to the back of the kitchen.

"Here you go," they were making a lot of food just for the three of us.

"Why are you making so much food? Is this another order?" I picked up a pipping bag and help papa frost all of the macaroons.

"Oh no dear, we invited a few people over for the holiday."

"Oh, who did you invite?"

"Well we haven't gotten an answer from one of them but the Coffaines and the Casaries are coming." My eyes went really wide. "Is something wrong?"

"No, I just..." Should I tell them? "Umm... Ok, me and Luka broke up today." My parents looked shocked.

"Oh honey, we have no idea, we are so sorry. We had no idea or we wouldn't have invited them." They came and gave me a hug which was nice but not needed, we ended on good terms.

"Guys this is great and all but we ended on good terms, we're still friends."

"Oh good cause we didn't want to cancel on them." The relief was evident in their voices as my papa talked. We got back to work on the turkey and all of the food for tomorrow but not the pies because the Casarie's and Coffaines will be bringing their favorite desserts. I had finished prepping the stuffing and potatoes for tomorrow and I was going to get started when my phone went off.

"Hey Alya"

"Hey girl, I was wondering if you wanted to have a sleepover tonight?"

"Hold on," I turned to my parents. "Hey mom can Alya and I have a sleep over?"

"Yes of course." I turn back to the phone.

"Sure, do you want to come over here?"

"Sure that works for me, I'll be over in an hour or so."

"Ok see you then" we hung up the phone.

"Hey maman, can I be excused to go clean my room?"

"Of course you've already been a big help to us. Thank you for helping us with the customers." I nodded and ran up stairs and my room really wasn't that messy I just had a few clothes on the floor and my fabric was all over my desk so I got to work. Tikki came flying out of my bag and went straight for her little house under my desk while I cleaned up the fabric. I had picked out fabrics for my designs last night before going to bed so I left a few small pieces of fabric on the table while putting away the much bigger pieces. It didn't take me long to clean up all of the fabric and clothes so I decided to go up on my balcony and watch the clouds roll by. I grabbed a large thick blanket and made my way up to the balcony. Tikki wanted to stay in her house so I let her while I laid on my chair and watched the clouds roll by. Not long after getting settled into my blanket did a certain black cat come pouncing this way.

"Hey purrincess" he landed on the railing.

"Hey chat, what you doing here?" I sat up in my chair to face Chat.