Chapter 4 (Escape)

Nova

I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling. I was now wearing black leggings and cute pink shirt. I was finally out of that stupid prom dress. I then curled up on my small cot when all of a sudden—

A loud alarm went off outside. I covered my ears and rolled off of my cot. I uncovered my ears and pushed myself off the floor and ran into the hallway. My mom appeared.

"Nova, get back in your room," My mom said in a sweet but firm tone.

"What's going on?" I asked as I started heading toward the front door. My mom grabbed my wrist and yanked me back.

"What's going on, is you're going to your room," My mom said as she shoved me into my bedroom and slammed the door.

"Mom?" I asked.

"Sorry, honey, mommy will explain later."

"Mom, what—" I reached for my door handle and couldn't twist it. What is going on? This is nothing like my mother. "You can't just lock me in here!" I yelled as I tried twisting the doorhandle once more.

Nothing happened.

"Mom!" I yelled. I felt pain in my ears from hearing the ringing for so long. I then looked at my window across the room and ran up to it. I started prying open the window—

"Gah," I yelled as I fell to the ground. I stood back up to find my window open.

Good thing there is a dumpster right underneath my window.

I put one leg on the window sill, then the other, until my entire body was through and—

I collapsed onto the lid of the dumpster and fell on the ground. I moaned and stood up brushing off my clothes.

"Ew," I murmured. I then ran around my house to the front yard to find red walls all around the city. Blinding red walls.

To where it appeared, I was trapped in a dome.

Xavier

"This way," Lezabel said as she grabbed my wrist and ran me upstairs out of the prom room. She then shoved me into my bedroom and locked the door behind her.

"What's going on?" I asked. For once the feeling of someone watching me wasn't present. It was never present when Lezabel was around me. I could trust her.

"Um... It's complicated... your mother ordered you be in here though..." Lezabel said glancing around my room.

"When did she order that? We were in the prom room the entire time," I said following her gaze to the top corner of my room—

Lezabel then grabbed my face, yanking my gaze away from the wall to her. "I know... She said that after the prom to take you up here," Lezabel said smiling. She then looked at the floor and backed away from me after realizing how close we were.

I looked at the ground shyly also. I then said, "But... technically you weren't supposed to go to the prom with me—"

"Just stop questioning it Xavier, you're in here now and that's that, okay? I have to go do something, so stay put, okay?" Lezabel asked nervously before opening the door—

"Lezabel, wait," I said looking at Lezabel straight in the eyes. Lezabel looked at me and glanced behind her. Footsteps were then heard.