Chapter 3: Dance

The dance was busy when Sylvia and Maria arrived. Sylvia was on edge and she knew that Maria suspected something. After all it was Maria's cousins life on the line but even if it was Aliana, Sylvia still wouldn't risk her and Maria's life to save her. She had been through hell and did not want anyone to risk not just their lives but their entire mind to save another that was already as good as dead. Maria wasn't from Moonlight Mountains she was from here, in Sunrise Valley where everything used to be safe but now the stakes had changed.

When Sylvia looked up she couldn't see Maria anywhere. Terror shuddered through her she did not need anymore drama. She had come to this town to start again not to have her troubles exactly the same as before. Relief came in the instant after as she saw her talking to her biggest crush. Sylvia rolled her eyes Maria was totally in love. Sylvia had forgotten his name. She pondered on this for a minute before deciding it was something like Kenny.

The music was loud and it hurt Sylvie's ears but she smiled through the pain as she had done so many years ago. She was thirsty but decided to find the sealed drinks. Alcohol was not her style. She walked other to Maria and said "Just getting a drink, you guys want one?"

"No, thanks" was the only reply she got from both of them, she smiled her friends were still pretty innocent.

On the way to get her drink, Sylvia heard a scream. She ran. Her body moving in the direction of the scream but her mind telling her to run away. Suddenly she had to catch herself from falling as she

This was definitely not where the scream came from. She was sure that it was around here that it came from. She continued to search but there was no other places it could have come from.

That was when she realized. The tunnels the vampires where using lead straight under the town hall. Sylvia froze and listened. She had to find Maria because if she had heard it she would have bolted.

Sylvia rushed back. Maria must have heard it. Damn it she thought. why does this always happen. Why can my life not be normal. Just for once. She ran, her heart pounding and there was a buzzing in her ears. She could barely breath, her eyes covered in mist. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" she screamed. She remembered this feeling. This was what had happened the night before, the night before the vampires had trapped her soul in hell.

Sylvia was stuck. Her mind was alive but her body collapsed. Panic rushed through her like a bolt of lightning. That was the time she heard faint voices in the distance. Sylvia was confused. She had ever had anyone come to her rescue. Not since her mother had been murdered. Murdered by the vampires. When her mother had magic she had felt safe whilst she was with her. No child had their magic. Not until they turned 18. That was the day Sylvia was waiting for. That was the day she would take her revenge on the vampires for everything they had done. 

The voice Sylvia had heard earlier was now getting closer. As he was closer his voice was clearer. She could make out he was muttering about hospital. She was weak fighting for control over her own body. She would not let herself be taken to hospital. If she did then they would discover the darkness. Then the hunters would come for her. Her and all those around her. Her and anyone who has ever tried to protect her. Then, they'd go for Luke.

Sylvia's eyes snapped open. Her whole body kicked back into action. She jumped up, ready to fight anything that came in her way. Ready to fight anyone who would harm her. Ready to fight for her friends and everyone else around her.

"Whoa, back off I was just comin' to see if you were alright" the boy said. Sylvia was confused, she couldn't place the voice. "Hey, are you alright?" Then she recognised his voice it was Kendal. Maria's friend.

It was then that Sylvia knew. It wasn't enough to fight and hunt. She had to save as well. Her and Maria would save Sophie. Then whether she had her powers or not she would take on the vampires. Then if she had to, and only then, she would take on the hunters. "Where's Maria" she said. Kendal looked relieved he thought she was going to faint again. Then he said "She said to give you this." Sylvia stared. She was annoyed that Kendal wouldn't give her an explanation but she took the note anyway.

Sylvia I have gone to get Sophie. I know you don't want me to but I can't leave her. I know you want to save her as well. But I also know that you're scared. I don't know what of yet btu you should know that I will never give up on anyone, ever. Please forgive me. Maria xxx.

This was bad. Sylvia needed to go. She needed to save Maria from this terrible fate. Maria couldn't just walk into a vampires den and except to be safe. Sylvia needed to get ready. This was her first stand. Her deceleration of war.