Exchange

"So what's new around here, Conrad?" Yuri asked innocently as Conrad pulled him from the pond and gave him a towel to dry himself with. "Has Wolfram been alright with me not being around?" He'd become deeply interested in Wolfram and everything to do with his accidental fiancé as of late. It made Conrad chuckle silently. That is, if Wolfram had been acting himself.
"Actually Your Majesty, Wolfram hasn't been seen around the castle grounds as of late. We're deeply concerned but have seen nor heard anything of him"
"Wolfram hasn't been seen?" Yuri's eyes widened. "How long ago did he go missing exactly?"
"About a week ago, Your Majesty. He received a letter one dinner but wouldn't let any of us see it before we went bolting for the door. That was the last we saw of him, I'm afraid"
Yuri began to panic in his head. What if he was dead? What if he'd eloped with someone? What if he felt he couldn't be part of Yuri's life anymore?! The thoughts swirled and whirled making the young king slightly dizzy. "I'll find him, Conrad, I promise" Yuri always knew Wolfram would appear magically in his chamber once Yuri returned to his land.

Yuri slowly cracked open his chamber door only to immediately be tackled to the ground by the one and only Wolfram von Bielefelt. "You're back! You're back!" he cried, literally, into Yuri's neck.
Yuri groaned and rubbed his head before registering his slightly wet neck. "Yeah...I'm back, Wolfram" Wolfram looked up slowly into Yuri's black gaze and looked the king over. "What's the matter? Conrad told me you received a letter about a week ago and nobody's seen you since..."
At the mention of the letter, Wolfram burst into tears again and clung to Yuri while the young double-black kicked the door shut with his foot. He stood up, bringing his fiancé with him, and carried the blonde boy to the bed, setting him down gently and laying beside him while Wolfram remained clinging to him. "Yuri, I don't want to leave!"
"Leave?" Yuri looked at Wolfram in concern and tugged him onto his lap, hands on his waist gently. "What do you mean, leave?"
Wolfram fetched into his pocket and handed Yuri the letter he'd been given. "It explains it...please Yuri, you have to stop him from doing this"
Yuri read over the letter and as it progressed, his eyes widened until they were nearly out of their sockets.
"He...Lord Spitzweg wants us to trade you for his finest swordsman?! And there's no way I can stop this from happening...? Oh Wolfram..."
"Please Yuri...please, you have to do something..." Yuri gathered the prince into his arms and cradled him like a small child. "I don't want to go to anyone else, especially him!"
"But what can I-" then Yuri had an almost perfect idea. "Wolfram...elope with me"
"W-What?" Wolfram scrambled back a little but Yuri held him in place.
"Elope with me, Wolfram! It's the only way we can get you out of this mess before your uncle comes here for you himself"
"Yuri..."
"Trust me, Wolfram, please! I'm begging you, this is the only way. I have no say in this matter and can't do anything but run away with you"
Wolfram looked round the room before turning back to Yuri and nodding with satisfaction. Anything would see him fit so long as he was with Yuri forever.

That night the two slipped out of the castle grounds and took a carriage for their trip to wherever. Wolfram snuggled up close to Yuri as the king wrapped an arm round his fiancé's waist tightly while watching the sun setting in the distance. He hated to abandon Conrad and the Demon Tribe, but he knew he wouldn't lose Wolfram. The blonde prince shuffled closer so he was practically on Yuri's lap, arms wrapping tightly round the former Demon King's waist, body heat radiating between the two. Maybe Yuri would've found a way to make Wolfram stay at the castle but there hadn't been much time since the exchange was in the morning and Conrad, Gwendal and Günter would've surely talked him out of trying to disengage such a trade, even if it was giving up Little Lord Brat.
"Yuri..." Wolfram muttered sleepily, "Thank you... I love you..."
Yuri only smiled and held his fiancé/eloper close. "I love you too, Wolfram, I love you too"