Chapter 7

Yuuri... He was all Wolfram could think about in his days locked up in Spitzweg Castle. He always cried himself to sleep, and earned wounds on his wrists for it each morning. He wanted - no needed - Yuuri. Yuuri was his saviour. And Yuuri wasn't really dead right? Yuuri would come and save him, like Yuuri always did. Yeah...Yuuri would come and get him soon, and then they could go home as a married couple and pretend the whole thing with Stoffel never happened.

Days passed and Wolfram wasn't giving up hope. In fact, he was beginning to let insanity take over his mind. He began to see things, such as his Mother and Greta and even more so Yuuri himself. But the visions of Yuuri were more realistic. First he climbed in through the window, and then Yuuri ran over to Wolfram, smothering the young prince in a crushing hug of love. Wolfram would grip onto him tight each time with as much strength as he had. And when Yuuri would leave, he'd kiss Wolfram gently on both cheeks, his forehead and his lips before walking out the door, only to return later and cuddle his blonde lover until he was half-peacefully asleep.

Tonight was another one of those antagonising nights for the blonde prince. Wolfram turned in Yuuri's embrace on the bed but suddenly he was snatched from his husband by Stoffel. Wolfram struggled best he could and whimpered as he reached out and clawed at the blankets. Stoffel was growing impatient by the second and yanked the boy harshly, causing Wolfram to scream his beloved's name in anguish as his various wounds reopened and blood oozed through his torn clothes. Yuuri, with a disheartened look, blew a kiss to his husband before fading into moonlight, and Wolfram realised that Yuuri had never really come for him. The king - his husband - was dead.

Yuuri floated in a blue aura and had a scowl on his face. He'd seen exactly what Stoffel was doing, the only problem was that he couldn't physically reach Wolfram to help him. Julia floated at his side, her head down as she too watched what was happening to her last pupil, as stubborn as he'd been. "I have to get back. I have to rescue him" he growled. Julia lifted her head elegantly and placed her hands on Yuuri's shoulders.

"I know, my future self, but not even the dead can come back, only if they're not really dead"

"I don't care! I have to save Wolfram!"

"I am sorry...but we can only see what happens. And once he dies, only then, can you be with him again"

Yuuri shook his head as tears streamed down his face and Julia walked away from him. His whole being shook in anger and guilt. It was his fault for suggesting Wolfram to elope with him. It was his fault for leaving Wolfram's side just at a mere foot shifting so the soldier unknowingly behind them could catch the Mazoku. It was his fault for not telling the others at least where they'd been going. It was his fault Wolfram was currently being tortured by his uncle. He could hear Wolfram's screams of his name as more torturing began. Yuuri didn't know exactly what Stoffel did to him, but he always saw the results. The whole room was covered in specks and spots of blood from Wolfram's returns. Tonight the screams were much more than screams - they were howls. Howls of increasing pain and Yuuri cried harder knowing he couldn't do anything to charge in and stop the madness. Was Wolfram really going to be without him for the rest of his long Mazoku life? Wolfram was still considered young in a Mazoku lifespan, but could the blonde prince really last so long without the boy he loved so dearly?