Finally safe

Morning came, and the Healers came into the kitchen. Every Weasley face had tear marks on it, and Hermione looked as if she had run out of tears.
"How is he?" A small voice rang out. It was Ginny.
One of the healers started speaking.
"He is going to be fine, but not instantly. He was under the influence of serious abuse. He had 4 broken ribs. One was broken recently, and the other three were made with a hammer about a week ago. He has bruises at different stages of healing, I assume they are the result of regular hitting. His right leg was also broken from the hammer and it wasn't healing properly. He is underweight and weak, judging by our tests he last ate a week ago. And, in my opinion, the most disturbing thing we found are his cuts. The most of them are on his arms, some were made by a sharp undentified object, and some were made with a knife. On his stomach we've found a carved word "Freak", and on his chest lies the word "Trash". We've came to a some conclusions. First, if he was a muggle, he would be dead from his wounds a long time ago. An ordinary wizard also couldn't bare the pain anymore, so after some time he would pass away. This boy is a miracle, I have never seen this much strength in someone. And the second thing I wanted to say is the fact that if you didn't save him yesterday, he would surely be dead. We measured his magical abilities. It showed us great strength, but it was almost drained, probably because he needed to constantly heal himself."

No one spoke a word. They were completely speachless. That numb state of mind continued when the Healers left, with a warning that they must nurture him and that they must call them if his condition worsens. As if Weasleys minds were connected, they all got up at once and went to the living room, next to the sleeping Harry. He looked better then before, but one of his sleeves was rolled up and the sad family could see his deep cuts. Ginny and Hermione let out a small cry. Molly stroked Harry's hair with her trembling hands.
"He will never, never go to these pigs again. Only over my dead body"Molly said with a strong voice.
Ron stirred.
"Mum, what about his uncle? And aunt and cousin? Where are they?"
"These disgusting creatures are in Dumbledore's mercy now. I reported the situation to him after we came here yesterday, and he said that he didn't know what was happening. If he did, I am sure he would stop them. I hope he tortures them" Mrs. Weasley said with rage in her eyes.
The other members of the family looked at her. They weren't used to her saying such things, but she was right. The Dursleys deserve nothing less than that.

Suddenly, Mr. Weasley got up.
"I know this is very hard for all of us. But, now Harry is safe and he is recovering. I think we should leave him here to rest, and we have to eat something."
He was right. Only now the family felt how hungry they were. Slowly but surely, their grief eased. Molly was already cooking, and soon everybody joined her in the kitchen. While they were eating, Fred and George tried to lighten the situation a little with their jokes. They suceeded, and the family's state of mind was better. Mrs. Weasley left food for Harry if he wakes up, but that unfortunately wasn't the case. The readheads with Hermione went outside, to catch a little bit of sunlight before it sets.

Evening fell, and everyone was tired.
"Mum?"
Molly turned in the direction of the voice and saw Ginny standing in the doorway.
"What is it, honey?"
"Well, I was just wondering...I don't want Harry to be alone when he wakes up. So, can I sleep on a couch next to him tonight?"
Molly tried to surpress a smile. She knew her daughter fancied Harry.
"Yes, you can."
Ginny smiled at her and went out.

Ginny couldn't look away from Harry's face. She couldn't even imagine how much pain he went through. She wanted to comfort him. The red-haired girl held out her hand and hesitated. She finally made up her mind and put her hand on top of Harry's. He stirred in his sleep and turned his face to Ginny. She smiled and blushed. She moved closer. Harry's face looked almost angelic. Ginny closed her eyes. After some time, she fell asleep.

"Please, don't. Please. I-I'll be good, I p-promise. N-no, uncle, don't!"
Ginevra was awakened by the whispering of the boy beside her. It was the middle of the night. She widened her eyes, seeing Harry's tears falling down. He is having a nightmare, she concluded. Ginny wiped out his tears, holding him carefully not to hurt him.
"Shhh, Harry, it's okay. You are safe here. I am here. Calm down."
Harry suddenly opened his eyes. The first thing he saw was Ginny's worried face. He looked at her, not sure what is happening.
"G-ginny? Why am I here?"
"My mom and Ron brought you here. Your relatives are far away now. Your wounds were treated, and you are going to be okay."
Harry looked like the happiest person on the world.
"You are not lying to me? They are really gone?"
"Yes. Those shitheads aren't going anywhere near you ever again."
Harry put his face in Ginny's shoulder.
"Thank you. Thank you so much."
Ginny smiled sadly and leaned on him. They fell asleep together, this time with no nightmares.

"What the fuck, Ginny."
Ginny woke up, only to see Ron's bewildered face. She blushed deeply, completely aware that she was hugging Harry.
"It's not what you think! I was sleeping on a couch right here, and mum let me do it before you ask. Then Harry started having a nightmare, and I just woke him up, and then I fell asleep!"
"Uh-huh. You fell asleep hugging him. Nothing suspicious at all."
Ginny's face looked like she got hit by a very red tomato.
"Okay, i did sleep next to him, but so what? He needed comfort."
"Suuuuurre."
"MERLIN RON! Shut up and don't tell mum because she is going to make fun of me."
Ron chuckled.
"Fiiiine. I won't tell her. You two do look kinda cute."
Ginny felt warmth spreading across her face. She smiled and felt Harry is waking up.
"Good morning."
Harry blinked in confusion, then he remembered what happened.
"Good morning, Gin."
"How are you feeling?"
Harry looked at his wounds.
"I feel much better. I am just hungry as hell."
Ginny helped him to get up. At that moment Molly entered the room.
"Harry!"
He turned his head, only to be squished by Molly's hug.
"Ow."
Molly quickly released him.
"Oh dear, I am sorry. But I am so happy to see you awake! How are you feeling?"
"I feel better, thank you."
This seemed to make Molly very happy.
"Good, good. What would you like to eat?"
"Whatever you want to make, Mrs. Weasley."
She already dissapeared in the kitchen.
Ginny laughed. She was holding his hand. Harry blushed. He didn't think Ginny could be so cute. He smiled at her shyly. They went to the kitchen together and waited for Molly to prepare breakfast.
"Ginny, please go and tell the others breakfast is for 5 minutes."
Ginny did as she was told. Soon the Weasleys and Hermione joined them in the kitchen. Everyone was so happy to see him and they hugged him carefully. Harry shone with happiness.

"Harry, I know you probably don't want to talk about it, but...why didn't you tell us anything?", Arthur spoke.
Harry looked up from his plate. He couldn't eat much, his stomach became smaller from the starvation. His expression darkened. Atrhur noticed that and immediately regreted his question.
"I...I am sorry. I just did not want to worry you. Besides, I couldn't send anything. They would kill Hedwig if they noticed I was sending letters. And by the way, where is she?"
George told him:"Don't worry, we picked her up after we brought you here. She is in Ron's room, fighting with Pigwidgeon."
Harry nodded.
Fred continued:"But Harry, you know we care about you like you are our brother! Why did you think that we wouldn't want to help you?"
Harry shrugged, drowning in shame.
"I'm sorry."
Molly took the lead:"You have nothing to be sorry about, Harry. Nothing that happened to you was your fault. I hope that now you feel safer and better. I also hope that you feel comfortable with being here for the rest of the summer, because there is no way I am letting you back to that house."
Harry smiled.
"Of course."