The decision

Two weeks passed, and Harry was healing well. His wounds started to look better, and soon enough he could normally walk and eat. However, his mind still hasn't recovered from the abuse he went through. One day, Ginny was going to her room, when she heard silent crying coming from Harry's room. She quietly came in.
"Harry?"
The boy quickly wiped off his tears and tried to smile at her.
"Hey, Gin."
Ginny didn't smile back.
"What happened?"
Harry's smile started to fade. A tear silently fell over his cheek. He turned his head away. He didn't want Ginny to see him crying again. But, she was fast and in the blink of an eye she came next to him.
"Please tell me. You know I want to help you."
"No, you've had enough of me. I don't want to burden you anymore."
Suddenly, Ginny hugged him tightly.
"Harry, don't ever think of yourself as a burden. You are precious. You survived things no one should encounter. You are brave. Please, tell me. I want you to feel better."
Harry felt shocked. He didn't expect these words. He hugged Ginny back.
He decided he will tell her everything.
And so he did. He started with his fear of the Dursleys coming back. About Voldemort. About the terrible duty of saving the whole wizarding world, and the fear of failure. About the fear of suceed. About his nightmares with Cedric and Vernon. About that one Slytherin who attacked him on the train, and how that means Harry is going to separate so many families of he defeats Voldemort. Ginny was already crying. She didn't know about all of this. But, what shocked her the most is one sentence.
"Ginny, I...I can't help to think about killing myself. I know how terrible it sounds. But I can't help it. When I was at Dursleys, I almost did it. I would be dead now if I could find a weapon to kill myself then. I am so sorry."
Ginny cried into his shoulder. He wrapped his arms around her, breathing her calming scent.
Finally, Ginny has managed to speak.
"H-harry, I...I really don't know what to say. And no, I don't blame you. Anyone in situation like yours would think that way. But, why do you feel like that now? You are here, with us! Why do you feel like the world is going to be better without you?"
Harry couldn't look her in the eyes.
"I know you are going to deny it, but...think of how much less worried would all of you be if I wasn't here. I needed constant care for two weeks. How don't you get tired of my whines?"
Ginny sat up straight. She had a determined look in her eyes.
"Listen to me carefully, Harry.
The reason why we care so much for you is because you are like family to us. My parents love you. My brothers love you. I love you." She blushed and continued.
"Do you think, if something like this happened to, for example, Ron, we would just let him be? No, we would care for him the same way we cared for you, because we love him. And about your whines...well, what whines? You are the most selfless person I know. You didn't whine once. I could see in how much pain you were, you know. But you didn't say a word. Believe me, I was honestly shook by that. If I was you, I would scream in pain constantly. You had bruises, 4 broken ribs, a broken leg and you had so, so many cuts all over you. You. Kept. Quiet. And I know that you don't think you are worth of anyone's love, but if I had to choose a person who deserves all love and affection in the world, it would be you. You suffered more that all of us here together. You deserve to be loved, Harry. Remember that."
Harry stared at her with his jaw open. For him, Ginny has always been just Ron's childlish younger sister. Now she was sitting in front of him and acting more mature than most adults he has met. Not sparing a second, he grabbed her and kissed her. She was surprised, but recovered quickly and returned the kiss. They were kissing for good 5 minutes. Eventually they stopped, and just looked at each other, smiles on their faces. Ginny leaned on him, hugging him.

"Hey, Harry?"
The voice calling him was Fred. He came into the living room, and he saw the Weasleys and Hermione on the couch.
"Yes?"
George asked him:"I don't want to bother you with these things anymore, but I wanted to ask you something. What happened with Errol?"
Harry was clearly uncomfortable, but he decided to answer.
"Well, when he came into our living room, I was in the kitchen. I heard him schreeching, and I heard Vernon yelling. I came into the room, and Vernon was s-strangling him."
Weasleys eyes widened.
"What happened then?"
"Uh, I...I really didn't want Errol to die. I mean, I didn't want him to kill your owl. I came to Vernon and punched him in the face. Then he released Errol."
"YOU WHAT?!"
Harry was now really ashamed. He didn't want them to think he was stupid for doing so.
"Harry, that's the bravest thing ever!"
The green-eyed boy looked up.
"How the fu-hell did you do that?"
Ron said avoiding his mother's gaze, because he almost said a swear word in front of her.
"Umm, I don't really know. But Vernon assured I will get my punishment for that outburst."
The Weasleys shuddered.
"What did he do?"
"That was the night when he, umm... carved me with the knife."
Molly was on the verge of tears.
"Harry, dear, he is an owl. Of course we love him, but you didn't have to put yourself in such danger in order to save him."
Harry shrugged.
"I just didn't want you to lose your owl."
Everyone looked at Harry with such respect and admiration.
"Thank you, Harry."
Ron was the first person to tell that, and everyone repeated after him.
Harry's cheeks were red. He wasn't used to a treatment like this.
Ginny soon called him outside to play Quidditch. As she passed him, she gave him a quick kiss and told him:"See, that's why I think you are so selfless."
Harry smiled shyly.